Mh370 - Missing Malaysian Plane

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Mar 20, 2014.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What do you think happened? :(

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I feel for the families, there's all the media attention on top of what they already have to cope with. It must be heartbreaking for them.

As to what happened, I have no idea but I do hope that they find out. There's a million theories as to what's happened but until there is some solid evidence that's all they are.

3. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Planes should be built so there's no way to turn off the tracking devices. Especially not as easily as simply turning a knob.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This seems like something out of the twilight zone.

5. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I've been waiting for a thread like this.
    Honestly, I think the plane just crashed into the ocean. All these elaborate theories and potential things that happened are just produced by the excessive amount of media coverage on the plane. No one will want to believe it simply crashed into the ocean when searchers finally find the wreckage. Why? Because they've been so manipulated by all the possible outcomes and extensive coverage.

Can't imagine what the families are going through - not knowing what happened to their relative(s), engulfed by media..

6. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Wasn't it recently confirmed that the pilot(s) however punched in alternate coordinates approx. 12 minutes PRIOR to the final "All right, good night" message? That's the most ****ed up part about the whole situation, IMO.

7. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    UPDATE: Satellite images showing a 24m long object as of today, have just now been ruled out as being parts of the aircraft. Nothing was located at the scanned area.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. All the crazy conspiracy theories are terrible. The more wacky ones are just insulting

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Is it perhaps an elaborate advertising campaign for people to start watching Lost again?

10. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I didn't know that was confirmed. Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore.

11. Rusty Cohle

Rusty Cohle Active Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Missing Malaysian Plane - What really happened?

There are so many rumors floating about this subject and it's crazy to even think that in today's day and age we are unable to track a plane which got of the radar. So basically they can track your phone but not a lost plane?? Get out of here!

[​IMG]

Is the show LOST actually being played out in real life here ?

So here are some of my theories in short.

1) The Pilots were terrorists?

2) Was the plan hijacked ?

3) Was it Electromagnetism ?

4) Suicide?

5) Mid-air explosion ?

Does anyone else here have some possible theories? I'm really looking forward to dissecting this topic because so far nothing seems to make sense to me.

12. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    1. No
    2. Maybe
    3. No
    4. Probably not
    5. Probably not

13. Rusty Cohle

Feb 28, 2014
    More like a teaser campaign for season 7?

14. Rusty Cohle

Feb 28, 2014
    Well after all the possible theories probably I'm thinking out of the box here but I think it's a combination of Terrorism and Electromagnetism. Anyone here heard of Super EMP weapons? China, North Korea, Russia and the United States have developed what are dubbed Super-EMP Weapons. They are weapons which require nuclear fuel and must be detonated over or near the target area. The secondary effect of this nuclear detonation is an electro-magnetic pulse. Deployed properly, for example 200 miles over the state of Kansas, such a weapon could literally wipe out every electronic system from coast to coast.

Sounds far-fetched. I know !

15. Rusty Cohle

Feb 28, 2014
    Speaking of an advertising campaign have you'll seen this ? I hope it's a hoax and if it's a joke it's pretty disgusting. I'm under the impression that this ad came out way before this incident actually occurred.

[​IMG]

16. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Common sense says it's at the bottom of the sea but there are certainly some weird things being reported.

I have to admit it reminds me of a thread I saw on askreddit a few months ago (can't find it now I've tried) but the question asked was along the lines of "People of Reddit what is the best way to steal a commercial airliner how would you do it?".

Now I remember seeing that title or something very similar but I regret I didn't go in and read any of the responses the timing is certainly quite weird though.

17. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Live update...

Malaysia Airlines has announced that the missing Boeing is assumed to have crashed with no survivors.

In a statement it said:

"We deeply regret that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board have survived..we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

18. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Have you seen any evidence to suggest a combination of terrorism and electro-magnetism?

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yes i feel sorry for everyone who lost their life and the friends and family. Probably not nice seeing stupid crazy theories all over the place but hey its the internet !

Suddenly everyones a professor and they seem to know what caused it !

20. Rusty Cohle

Feb 28, 2014
    I think the minute we stop questioning we stop living. Questioning is one of the purpose of our existence, hence the theories but I agree, it's the internet and you'll be exposed to a bunch of theories out there which don't make any sense. But doesn't it bother you to not know what might have happened ? After all these weeks this is what the officials have to say ? We've grown leaps and bound with technology it's kind of embarrassing and frustrating to see the same technology can't be used to answer some simple and very fundamental questions like a missing plane.