Platformers - retro alien destruction (Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ntx, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi for all!

Here is a short gameplay from our upcoming little retro game - Platformers.
    Game will be available in next few weeks.
    Thanks for any feedback

2. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi, sadly I see that there is no response to my post. It would be very helpful for me to get some feedback from forum users which I could use to improve my game. The video show some real gameplay actions from the game to give you view on the general idea of our game "Platformers".

In some details: The game aims into retro platform-action-shooter genre, so the look, the sounds, the smell and the game mechanics are very much inspired by oldschool machines like legendary C64 or Atari XE/XL. We hope that some retro fans will find it pleasant when the game will come to their iPads or iPhones.
    Can't play without a combos? You don't need to :) - there are combos, nice bonuses, various weapons, upgrades and of course the money which you collect during a game and you can spend it in the ingame shop for... more upgrades! :)
    We've put much effort into giving you as much control of the player, as you can get with touches around player's position instead an uncomfortable virtual
    controller.
    The game will be available probably for free in comming month.

What to say more? If there are any any questions we happily answer to them and if you would like to share your impressions, even a little ones, about the game "Platformers" we will be even more happy!

Kindly thank you for your attention. Are you ready to detonate some evil alien robots? :)

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The video reminds me quite a bit of the excellent Alien Zombie Death from PomPom. It looks good and I hope an iPad version will be available. Since it is free, does it have a full game unlock IAP?

4. ntx

ntx Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Hi there! thanks for your input :>. AZD looks very good but the funny thing is I never saw this game. My inspiration came from much older 8-bit titles like 'Shaolin's Road' etc. But nice catch :)
    Yeah, there's going to be Ipad version ofcourse. The game comes free and comes full. IAP allows you to buy upgrades with coins collected during gameplay and optionally for real bucks (if one is a bit lazy to get them by killing aliens or needs it quick ;>).

Are there any other questions? Currently we working on extending visual appearance of the game, ballancing level of difficulty etc. Maybe some of you have some great ideas for unique weapons or special upgrades which could work well within the game?

Best Regards to all Forumers :)