Granblue Fantasy RPG has English setting now

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ramzarules, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hi all, just letting you know that this japanese RPG which is apparently a big hit, added English as a setting today. You will still need to download it from the Japan appstore though.

I just began playing it, don't know if it's any good or not, but in a land ruled by rpgs, it's apparently a big deal, so let's see :) Story seems close to the FFVI in the tutorial :)

2. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    If we start playing the japanese game and it comes out in the US, will the progress carry over? Usually when these transplant games come out in the US they are behind the jpn as far as updates etc so im thinking it wouldnt, but im not sure.

3. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    from what i see, cross accounts/ devices are with Mobage account or twitter, and no fb (strange)

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Apparently people are saying they hnever had plans for a US release and that they consider the english setting the wide release. Kind of silly since its awkward to have the japanese version. Why not just have wide release with an american server and rake in a boatload of cash? They want less money?

5. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeah, don't understand it either. And the problem is, the translation is in-game only. For all the technical stuff, and account registration etc, it's still in japanese and i can't understand it.

Maybe the FF artists took all their budget?

Anyway, i don't find anything extraordinary about the game except the summon sequences and the art style.

The animations are limited to half the screen like FFRecord Keeper -a big minus in my book when we have Dragon Blaze and Exos Saga with supreme art and full screen battles-.

And the story is too similar to FFVI so far, rescuing super magically talented girl, airship flight, and Empire chasing her.

Also, can't register or buy anything, because japanese language and japanese appstore credit...