GameClub Aralon: Sword and Shadow (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
  2. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Game Impressions

the voice acting in this game is great!! i love the cutscenes but man the graphics are mediocre :/ don't get me wrong i'm sure it's still an amazing game and i'll still beat it...but for something with HD in the name i was expecting more...

3. Dreyesbo

Dreyesbo New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Wow, with the onslaught of games today, I really have to choose what to get. Anyone who has been following Aralon could tell me how it's like? A-la Fable, or Elder Scrolls, and stuff? Thanks :)

4. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    How's combat? seeing that they never mention it anywhere, I'm kinda suspicious that it isn't the best aspect of this game. >_____>

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    But that's the question - will it be separate? Will it also go up in price as they say this version will? Would it be feasible to make it a free IAP for old device people who are going to jump on this version? And of course, will this version even download on an older device?

6. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    can you provide us with some screen shots?

7. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    heres screenies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    thanks dude. Graphics do look disappointing. I guess that could be better with armors on the character

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #29 squarezero, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    There are plenty of screenshots on the TA articles on the game. All in all the game looks great, but it obviously doesn't have Infinity Blade character graphics. Compared to the typical Gameloft game, the texture are quite good, and the lighting effects are like nothing you've seen on the platform -- even on IB.

Here's a shot from the actual HD version (on an iPhone 4 -- YouSuckDude in on a 3GS) at a much later point in the game. I'm the guy near the middle, in shadows (I'm also using stealth).

Attached Files:

10. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    how's combat? Is it semi turn based, aka mmo style, or more like the previous game where it was kinda like zelda?

11. EpicAtheist

EpicAtheist Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    #31 EpicAtheist, Dec 15, 2010
    I don't know for sure but I saw Josh's post about it and he said that it would be separate and kinda like Rage's SD version, it'll probably be cheaper.

I don't quite get what you're asking. :confused: Itunes' app info doesn't say there's any restriction on device so most probably it will install on old devices but wouldn't run very well. Just my thought.

As for the free IAP, let's hope so. :) Regardless, I'd get this as soon as it is released on the Philippines. :cool:

12. mum0sul

mum0sul Active Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Spain
    It looks better on retina

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's a combination of both. Your weapons still have have speed ratings, but on default you have to press a button to attack. You can also parry and block manually: success depends both on timing and your parry and block ability. You can, of course, also use special abilities, some of which stun enemies and allow you free shots at them.

It doesn't have Dragon Age levels of complexity, but it's definitely fun.

14. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Pulled some strings and called in some favors and...my download is halfway done :)
    Along with RR2, Bad Company, Lara Croft, and Nova 2

Ill post impressions and all that as soon as its done.

15. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Strings... :rolleyes:

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    the update releases today - and then we are submitting another one tonight!

17. YouSuckDude

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    wow nice. :)

18. Paradiso

#38 Paradiso, Dec 15, 2010
    Yessss stringy strings.

The kind attatched to knowing people that live in New Zealand

Also, I wonder how long Hodapp spent writing his review of Aralon..

19. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Shouldn't have taken him long, all he had to do was type 'EPIC GO AND BUY NOW' and he should have been finished

20. Paradiso

Spent a few minutes with it and so far so good.

Can't say whether or not it'll live up to the hype yet. The controls don't feel totally polished to me, but usable for sure. It's not what I was expecting graphics wise, but then again, most of us are coming off of Infinity Blade, so good luck to any game wanting to compete with that.

Combat is fun, hack and slash so far. I chose an elf rogue by the way. The world seems very alive and expansive. The story is nothing to get excited over from what I've played, but maybe you just have to get into it.

All in all, I don't see anyone who buys this being disappointed. Just know your not getting wow :)

Also, maybe I missed it, but is there a way to change the position of the movement stick?