Touch KO - (submitted) from Chillingo & The Mechtley Brothers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Chillingo, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

#1 Chillingo, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    Touch KO - coming soon - an amazing 3D virtual boxing game for the iPhone and iPod Touch - including bullet-time bone-crunching knockouts!

Developed by US-based computer games designers Adam and Matt Mechtley, Touch KO gives the gamer a chance to advance through a boxing career, starting from humble beginnings in a run-down gym, all the way to the glamorous grand arena for the title fight.

[​IMG]

The game allows for full 3D customization of the virtual fighter including facial and body features, clothing and even tattoos. It features innovative game play making use of the unique multi-touch and accelerometer capabilities of the device.

Check out the game poster below and youtube video.

[hqyoutube]A4EPtr4_Iu0[/hqyoutube]

Click image below to enlarge vv

Small_TouchKO.jpg

2. nuggetsman28

nuggetsman28 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    i am getting this no matter what!!!

3. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    price, release date?

4. Chillingo

Chillingo Well-Known Member

Info

Hi nuggetsman28 - should be end of April -- but of course, it'll be done when it's done -- we want to add in maximum polish, so it *may* over-run a little bit. Price to be determined.

Thanks for your interest !

5. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

YAY chillingo!!!!! this game looks amazing!

6. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #6 salsamd, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Only one arena and two fighters are shown in the current video. Can you say how many will be in the final version?

How do the controls work specifically?

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    only boxing? I thought it was like Iron Fist Boxing where you have Muay Thai and Kickboxing too.

It looks good though, more like a complete game than Iron Fist Boxing.

8. adbjmb

adbjmb Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    This looks really good. It reminds me of the fight night series.

9. steviet

steviet Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    tv editor
    London
    i want to like this as i love fight night round 3 but im not sold at the moment. it seems really slow and the hit detection seems off. hopefully when its more polished these will be addressed

10. Chillingo is cranking out the hits right now. This game looks good. I have alot of boxing in my family background so I will definitely be picking this up as soon as it is released. I can't wait.

11. Shush

Shush Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Touch K.O... Oh where did you go?

When I first heard about this game coming out I was really looking forward to it, the first real boxing game on iPhone and iPod Touch, But apart from that first glimse it seems to have vanished! I remember reading that they were going to get gameplay videos and more details, that never happend lol. And when I look around on the websites they all say March 25th. No correct me If I am wrong, but I am sure that was last month? Then I saw that it was coming out Mid-April? Hmm. Anybody heard anything?

12. nuggetsman28

Jan 11, 2009
    charlotte
    idk but...baby come back!!...you can blame it all...on...me!!

13. adam

adam Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Hey there Shush, thanks for your interest! I am one of (two) developers of Touch KO. Rest assured we are working hard and you should very soon see some new things released out into the intertubes. My brother and I both work at Flashbang Studios during the day, so we are developing Touch KO basically after hours and on the weekends. It can be tough going at times--we are simultaneously crunching on our project at work and on Touch KO!

So keep your eyes peeled and definitely keep talking about the game--questions, ideas/suggestions, etc. Although we don't get to come up for air very much right now, we do care about what players want, so we want to hear from you!

14. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i really like how this looks so far except t seems kinda slow, when you punch it seems as though the fighter has no more energy and is just throwing little slaps it looks very slow, but i will still be watching for this to see how it turns out...nice job so far :)

15. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

wow this looks amazing. And I love the customizations!!! Kinda reminds me of something you would see on a PSP game!

16. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good, too bad I don't like boxing games.
    PS - I don't mean to be racist, but are all the characters black? Is there a 'white' option?

18. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    Too bad Chilingo neglects most of their games after they release with no updates.

19. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #19 salsamd, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009

If you watch the youtube clip in the first post, it does appear that you have the option to change skin color/facial features, etc... that would o/w be a serious omission.

To calibrate those not familiar with FN 3 on PSP ($19.99)

[​IMG]

[hqyoutube]BJY4iZTQtxM[/hqyoutube]

20. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    #20 Kartel, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Dude, please leave the forums and take that guy Voodoo with you.