Where are all the Iphone 4 exclusives

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kabukijoe, Jul 3, 2010.

1. kabukijoe

kabukijoe New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    #1 kabukijoe, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    My Iphone 4 is comming in a couple of weeks, but there seems to be a lack of exclusive games. 600000 iphone 4's sold in one day, you'd think we could get some games in the works!

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Wrong section buddy. This should go in Game Discussions. Also welcome to the community!!

3. ASB

ASB Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Why would you need exclusive games for the iphone 4? I don't think there have been exclusive games for the previous ones? It would suck for people with previous generations or without iphones to see a game exclusive to only the iphone 4, but that's just my opinion.

4. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    I don't think they want to eliminate the majority of the people who don't have iphone 4s yet :) I know I got peeved off at all of the ipad exclusives lol.

5. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California

There's dark raider S, Blue Skies S that I recall off the top off my head.

i guess Real Racing, Enigmo, could be considered for iPhone 4

6. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    But they're not iPhone 4 exclusives.

The only one is Eliminate Gun Range.

You won't be seeing much more than that, it's just stupid for developers to target iPhone 4's only.

7. transcend11

transcend11 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Retina optimized is entirely logical for developers though

Some games look so fuzzy now that the display looks so amazing elsewhere in the web, etc.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Agreed.

The only reason a game should be exclusive to iphone 4 is because it requires all 512mb of RAM, it can only be done with the gyroscope, or it needs the front facing camera

The retina display is great but the 3GS is capable of Anti Aliasing and other effects as well. Games like Carcassone and Real Racing have updated to retina graphics and look amazing on my 3GS.

There are a lot of iphone 4's out there but they pale in comparison to the number of previous generation devices.

Not to mention that few devs even knew what it was capable until it was announced. It's not easy to design an exclusive for a device that was vaporware until recently. Even now that it's out it's it short supply so most devs are just waiting to program with the device in hand.

9. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    Why do you want iPhone 4 exclusives? You already have a superb phone for your money. It´s just dumb from a developer perspective.

10. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Get in line behind all of us iPad owners...we're still waiting for the onslaught of iPad exclusives! :rolleyes:

11. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #11 tblrsa, Jul 3, 2010
    Most games don´t even put the full power of the iPhone 3G to good use, let alone the 3GS. It´s a phone ffs, people don´t update it regularely.

12. RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Anchorman
    Channel 4 Newsroom
    #12 RonBurgundy, Jul 3, 2010
    But now that I think of it some more, I hope devs can make games that uses the gen4 devices to their limits because I'm really interested to see what the gen4 is capable of. But they have to make it work for previous gens.

But about the front facing camera, if devs do make games that uses it I hope that the gen4 ipod touch has one. It reminds me of playing uno on the xbox live with the camera and you can see and chat with the people you are playing with. Or in C&C:TW how if you win you can take a victory snapshot of you flipping people off while giving a Gene Simmons impersonation. (If that is the case I really hope the gen4 ipod has a microphone too... :) )

But for the love of god don't make a Chat Roulette app! :eek: :eek:

13. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I'm the dev of Blue Skies and Dark Raider. Those had 3GS versions but I am still waiting to get an iPhone 4 (they are not available in Canada yet).

With the release of the iPad, iOS4 iPhone 4, so close together I'd bet most developers are struggling to keep up right now.

I'm curious to know how Puppet Labyrinth 3D works on the new phone, since it pushes the hardware to the limits on 3GS. Should be smoother on the new phone. The problem I had with higher screen resolution is that the GPU on the iPad wasn't improved enough to draw a full screen using pixel shaders, and I would expect the same problem with the retina display.

14. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That's exactly it, A LOT of devs probably don't have access to a iP4 yet, most consumers who want one can't get hold of one just yet as demand is greater than supply. I'd offer to let you have a crack on mine, but I'm too stingy. Haha.