New Website Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by QuantumDuck, Oct 28, 2010.

1. QuantumDuck

QuantumDuck Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Spreading the word about FREE apps!
    Hi everyone, most of you know me from around the forums by FreeAppMan and I have decided to finally make a website.

Ive been getting requests from TONS of people asking me to design a website they can go to to view the days free apps and other things. Heres what I need from all of my fans out there, and even from those of you who have never heard of me before:

- Website name suggestions (FreeAppMan is possible but something more creative would work better if you can think of it)
    - Advertisers (anyone who is interrested in advertising their app or business for very cheap prices)
    - Content suggestions: I am planning on having 2-3 of only quality free apps listed each day with a gameplay video and review of each one for the site and also having promo code contests for more free apps.

Hopefully you guys can give me some more suggestions and pretty soon the site should be up and running.

One last thing, I was thinking about making it a flash based website which means no iDevice access but if I couple it with an app store app it may work out great so let me know what you think on that too.

Throw some suggestions at me guys I really need your help and opinions and I plan on getting quite a few visitors each day. Thanks in advance!

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Appholes.com
    Appholes.org
    AppholesR.us (App-Holes-R.us get it hehe?)

Also be careful when it comes to this type of topic. I know from firsthand accounts that self promotion is a bad idea here. Just don't publicize your site any more than you are now here on TA. Don't want you to get banned.

3. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    I am very aware of that, I have ran into that problem before and if you notice I included no links or references to a specific site just because of that. I will let everyone know about it and have a link in my sig.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    If promo codes are going to be given away/won etc please ensure that UK idevice owners can use them

5. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    You have to have a US account in order to redeem promo codes. So as long as a lot of other country members have US iTunes accounts then he should definitely implement some type of system.

6. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    Free apps are a must so promo codes will be given away but it's simple to make a US account so it wouldn't be a huge problem.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

freeappmigos.com

8. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    Love your suggestion hodapp :D

9. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    SO funny.

Warning (too late for me): do not read this post while drinking, may cause serious computer damage

10. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    Any more suggestions?

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Um... my mind's a blank for suggestions right now but I wanted to say that it's a great idea, I know a lot of the TA users haven't really been appreciating you in your TA thread, but I'd like to let you know that I appreciate what you're doing and I've found out about quite a few free apps from you and wanted to thank you! Keep up the good work!

12. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    100% of your audience owns an iDevice, why would you even think of making a flash based site?

13. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    One of the best website makers I know of is flashed based thats the only reason I suggested it. Does anyone know of some really sleek website sites where it would all be drag and drop? I dont know much HTML so Im staying away from coding a whole site.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Well how about just making a blog? No coding required.

15. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    Thats true, I just need to make sure its graphics are editable and not just the same color as every other blog on the site. Know of any highly-editable (graphical) blog sites?

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    blogspot.com is pretty customizable I think.

17. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    Okay Ill check into pricing. Thanks for the tips and what do you think about a website name. It needs to be catchy and freeappman(dot)com doesn't really fit because no one knows about this except my followers of course.

18. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    How about Free App Nation for the site name? Please respond asap.

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Wordpress is pretty all encompassing. If you have a Mac then iBlog is good too.

20. QuantumDuck

Aug 18, 2010
    I think wordpress looks like the best fit for what I need. After I check out their themes I will make my final decision. Two things left:

How does everyone like the name Free App Nation
    How will I display ads in the sidebar if it is on a blog? Does wordpress or blogspot allow custom sidebars?