Petition: TTR3 is dead

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BobbyJoe, Feb 20, 2010.

1. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Hey fellow toucharcaders.

Recently tapulous has made sending scores with a modded theme (aka faster speed, default theme on themed songs) impossible now. They've added a new security system that will not reward points, exp, and will not upload scores on those kind of themes to leaderboards.

They've added this security system at a completely wrong time. There is still no speed customizaton or Theme Switch in the options menu which makes what they've done downright unbearable.

The TTR community has spoken and have made a petition here. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ttrdead/

Sign with your TTR username. If enough sigs are collected then it will show how much the community wants these 2 features and tapulous will then have to add these features asap.

Thanks in advance guys.

~Billay

2. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

OMFG! YOU'RE A BETA TESTER FOR THEM!!! *faints*

3. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    #3 BobbyJoe, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    yup yup

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Online petitions: The solution to all of life's problems.

5. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

your so lucky you get to test for them...

i agree... :D

6. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    lol, actually in this case it is. Ever since December people have been really mad at TTR3 because of paid weapon packs, tapulous responded by saying that "We hope to win you guys back in our next major update". Now almost 3 months later here we are with nothing. In those 3 months we were really disappointed at themes so we just went and SSHed the Default theme as the custom themes, made the game faster, and add some graphic mods to the theme. Even tapulous made a section on their site for "Hacks and mods" http://taptaprevenge.com/?p=forums&forum=24

All of a sudden, we're not allowed to send scores through our themes that we modded :eek: A Theme Switch and a Hyperspeed toggle in the options menu is what's been asked since the game came out.

So yes, Online petitions are the solutions to most problems :D

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    TTR3 was just unnecessary. Way too many features in my opinion, and was overall worse than the second one.

8. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    1. That's classified.
    2. That has nothing to with the topic..

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

10. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Rock Band is the real deal. I said goodbye to TTR a long time ago.

11. Me too

12. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    same, that and beat it

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I agree, I never enjoyed it much. I do however, still faithfully go back to TTR2, the songs actually had some complexity. TTR3's songs focus on coming down faster, and that leads to less complex sequences that just make it boring.

14. INateYou

INateYou Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Rock Band all the way. I never liked tap tap revenge. It just feels like I'm tapping the screen, not rhythmically tapping like in Rock Band.

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have deleted ttr3 and ttr2 a while ago and I kept ttr original cuz it is classic.

16. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    since when were there weapons???

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The tap recognition in TTR3 is atrocious. I payed 99c for the Sum 41 pack, couldn't play either song.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Well THERE'S your problem!

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Ouch, they just got ownd. Nice one hodapp :D