Universal SPINGUN // Public Beta Sign-Up

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fermenter, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fermenter

Fermenter Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    #1 Fermenter, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Hi there Touchers, Andrew here!

You may remember me from my previous game, David. Well, I've got something new for you...

FermenterGames.com/SPINGUN

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TWO BUTTONS. ONE SPACE SHIP. ZERO CHANCE TO SURVIVE.

Fly and steer with either button, or press both buttons at once to fire your ship’s powerful blaster gun. Grab powerups to launch missiles, plasma balls, and flames at your foes. Blast em to bits quick to repair your ship. How long can you fight off Goliath?

As of now, SPINGUN is in public beta, and I need your help. Sign up for a test build, try it out, and let me know what you think. Specifically, I'm looking for critiques to the early-game learning and user experience. Did you figure out how everything works fairly quickly? Does anything need more explanation? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Sign up here on the SPINGUN page:

FermenterGames.com/SPINGUN

Cheers!

2. ninjawarrior

ninjawarrior Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Looks awesome man!

3. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
  4. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Ye Gods! this game is an arcade gem, if deathly difficult. Some of those Zones make the harder battles in David. feel like child's play, but if you're willing to let yourself go at it like a wild-eyed berserker every time you pick up a power-up, and if you make a point to try to wipe out freshly-spawned enemies the moment they appear so you can increase your health, you may just have a chance. Wonderful game that I'm sure the grizzled arcade vets here will adore.

5. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wow, high praise! Thanks Sinagog. I'm glad you're figuring out the best strats. Good to see some David. fans in here too. :) You all are always so poetic with your feedback, I love it!

Beta Update coming soon. We're closer and closer to launch after all this helpful feedback I'm receiving. (I'm going to have to do this public beta thing more often.)

Cheers!

6. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    This looks so, so, so, SO good. Frantic, explosions, retro(y). Wow. My only wish/dream/desire is you'd use me to compose some music for one of your games sometime...

7. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hey FRACTURES, thanks for the praise! I'll definitely check your tunes out. Currently, I enjoy making the music for my games myself, but maybe for a project in the future I'll need somebody else to handle it. Cheers.

8. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi there! I’m happy to announce the release of my second game, SPINGUN.

http://www.fermentergames.com/spingun/

SPINGUN is a game simply about spinning and gunning. Use the elegant two-button control scheme to battle against an onslaught of baddies in your ship. Fly and steer with either single button, or press both buttons at once to fire your ship’s powerful blaster gun. Grab powerups to launch missiles, plasma balls, and flames at your foes. Blast em to bits quick to repair your ship. How long can you fight them off?

Inspired by wonderful games like Downwell, Luftrausers, and Asteroids, SPINGUN takes the juice up to 11, and makes you feel like an action movie hero as you tumble through the smoke-filled sky slicing through enemies.

SPINGUN features a variety of game modes:
    - Endless, a classic “how long can you survive” mode with random weapon powerups
    - Zones, fight against set waves of curated enemies with only one weapon powerup
    - Boss Fights, test your skills against goliath monsters
    - Ballpit, a pointless goofy arena filled with balls, have fun with physics!

SPINGUN is free, but players can purchase the “Full Game” as an In-App Purchase to remove ads, unlock the Boss Fights mode, the Ballpit, and unlock a ship customization feature. No pay-to-win ship upgrades, just MORE GAME! Also, after release I plan on listening to suggestions from players and adding more features and content every few weeks.

A quick history: SPINGUN started as a 48-hour game-jam project as part of Ludum Dare 34. Since then, I couldn’t stop thinking about the theme of “Two-Buttons”, and how I could get the most depth from a super simple control scheme. I continued development and opened up a public beta through TouchArcade, something I’ve never done before. Thankfully, the testers were really loving it, and gave me quite a few ideas to finish up the game. Even though I developed the game completely myself, I couldn’t have done it without the support and ideas from my friends and testers.

“This is like Asteroids on steroids!” - a quote that stuck out to me from one of my beta testers.

I’ve put my heart into this game, and I’m happy to release SPINGUN. If you'd like to check out any media or screenshots, you can go to the website here: http://www.fermentergames.com/spingun/

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I'd be happy to chat!

Cheers!