Universal The Scrungeon Depths (By Chase Holton)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ChaseHolton, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #21 Reaganomics, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    I'm fine with permadeath. But I shouldn't have to start all over just because I close the app or the app closes itself for that matter.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Yeah I agree with that I thought you meant upon death but just closing it shouldn’t do that hope for a fix to that

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It just updated so maybe they fixed that issue you had with coming back to it

4. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    It didn't. But hopefully, it's an error and not part of the game play. It updated once today. I wonder if it's stuck in a loop.

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Did some testing where I dropped the game a few and came back to it and it picked up where I left off
    Maybe it had to do with how long it was paused or your particular phone/pad model
    I’m on 6s plus for what it’s worth
    I like how in this game you have to make some real quick decisions like Gauntlet that mob is closing in on you quick and say you defeat a spawner and a new sword drops you have to make a super quick decision on whether to keep one you have or go with new one sometimes I end up trading mine for a worse one haha but I love that about it
    This really isn’t a bad game at all

6. Diggity Dan

Diggity Dan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Ninja (..no really I swear)
    [480] :: AZ
    Game looks fun! But I have issues with my wrists and clicking fast and repetitive can hurt. When you use the attack can you hold it down or do you constantly have to tap to keep attacking?

7. ChaseHolton

ChaseHolton Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    Independent Game Developer
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Wow!! Thanks so much for all the support and hype! I’m glad it’s been fun to slay hordes of monsters. That’s really all I wanted from this game. Loads of people laughing at ridiculous item names and dying from bombs ill placed.

As for the state saving, I haven’t gotten it to work appropriately in an elegant way. But this game isn’t over. Free updates abound! I plan to continue development with quality of life issues as well as new items, monsters, content and content and more content.

I appreciate you all being along for the ride! I promise, as long as The Scrungeon Depths entertains and betrays your joy simultaneously with uncertain floor spawns and insane deaths, know that I’ll be here to continue producing content.

To the future!

-Chase

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks Chase for stopping in! Really enjoy the game and look forward to Updates down the road
    Really good work
    It’s got a pinch of old school it’s randomly generated and is loads of fun

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    You will be tapping away
    The controls are laid out like a nes controller more or less a directional pad and two buttons
    It’s like Gauntlet in the fact that monsters spawn continuously until you destroy the spawner so depending on how quick you do that will determine how many times you have to tap away :)
    It’s a lot of fun it really is but lots of slaying means lots of button pushing but it’s a good thing in this case
    Also every run is randomly generated and it’s perma death

10. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    Sounds good. The screen is atrociously stretched on my iPad and it doesn't resume on my iPad or my iPhone, so I've been approved for a refund. For $5 bucks I wasn't expecting neither of these issues. When this game is "updated" and these issues are resolved, I'll certainly get it again. Nevertheless, I wish you well on your game.

11. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #31 gmattergames, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Have to agree on the state-saving concern. If basic (essential) functionality is not working consistently, elegant or not, I'll hold until resolved.

12. ChaseHolton

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I’ll be sure to keep you all posted on the progress of the next update. I definitely don’t want users to not enjoy the game because of save states! And the iPad concerns, that’ll be updated sooner.

I made a few too many changes the night before launch.

Again, thank you all for your feedback! It’s invaluable to the life of this game.

- Chase

13. ChaseHolton

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Update Coming for iPad / iPhone X screens.

Sorry for the obnoxious double post, but I said I would let you know... so I am!

The iPad resolution bug is fixed and iPhone X looks better than ever!

This update will be pushed to Apple for review tonight, should be ready to download tomorrow morning.

Thank you all for your patience as day one has been hectic as hell!

-Chase

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Is there anything which carries over after death? Like, skill points to spend? Or is progression totally based off on the loot (and therefore luck) you get?

15. ChaseHolton

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    Ann Arbor, MI
    The orbs you purchase in shops are small but necessary stat boosts that carry over between play throughs! Horde your coins ;)

Except the green one. That’s a quick heal if you find yourself in a pickle upon shop entry, afraid of what’s to come.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for this info
    I have played it some and enjoying it but didn’t even realize that was possible ha loving it so far
    Thanks

17. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks! Have most of them.

I would recommend B-Grade Renegade, Rogue Wizards, Dandy Dungeon, Pixel Dungeon and Cardinal Quest.

I think most of the great ones are already known. lol

And Scrungeon Depths is very fun! Like it very much so far.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just bought it. Loving it ! Love the retro style graphics, controls work well, seems to be a ton to it. Cant wait to play it more tonight as i've had a quick 10 minute go here

Again its frustrating due to the 32 bit apocalypse but i do feel the last few months we've had lots of quality games, reminds me of the early years where there were 4 or so gems a week (rather than a month), been a lot of good games recently

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Two questions:

1 - Has the lost progress during app close been addressed?

2 - Does this have MFi controls? If not, will it ever?

Looks fantastic, right up my alley.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I will check on those
    I do have B-Grade Renegade and talk with the developer time to time and he’s super nice. The others I don’t think I have played or ever downloaded so I will check those out