iPhone Vendetta Online by Guild Software, Inc.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Nickofullysicko

Jul 2, 2012
    Hey incarnate thanks for the support! Would you happen to know how much data vendetta would consume over 3G over time? Was going to tether my iPhone's 3G to my ipad to play on my lunch break at work

Thanks!

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Just hunt bots for the combat/light weapons. The 5 bot deal. Go for systems with Dentek or Artimus (I think that's what they're called). I set my target system to aim for what was directly in front. Then I would just target the bots that are busy mining as too avoid time consuming dogfights. Try to load up on stingray missiles before you go out hunting everytime.

Courier stuff is awesome for trade licence and for moolah.

Time wise I'm not sure sorry. Nothing over 4 hours of fairly chilled play per licence I wouldn't have thought. I spend lots of time crapping away on chat and three point turning into space garages:eek:

3. Nickofullysicko

Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks mate, much appreciated! Going to work on better weapons next :)

What's everyone's preferred camera angle? I've been using third person mainly

Looking forward to the orientation update!

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I have been flying a Rev II since it was a great ship for mining, trading, and had good armor and weapon slots for combat. I've had trouble fighting the aputech guardians. Spend more time back rolling and trying to readjust my aim than i do firing my weapons. Then I bought a warthog II....holy crap. What a huge difference the ship mass/ thrust /rotation rate makes for not just manuevering but for keeping your sights steady on the target. Really impressed by this!

5. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Been a lot of new players coming into VO in the past week. Chat is always busy now! Very cool. Any more TA folks sign up?

6. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I'd given up on this a bit after not really being grabbed by it at first. Picked it up again last night though and did all of the tutorial missions. Ok, now I see what the fuss is about, cannot wait to get back on tonight and do some mining of all things...! :eek:

7. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    All I see in this thread is people saying how much mining is awesome, you all disappoint. No PvP love ? :p

8. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    I must admit I've not tried it yet. Saying that I've only just finished the tutorials so I'm guessing I'd get completely spanked at the minute so will stick to shooting up the AI for a bit I think.

9. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I haven't pvped yet but plan to once I cap my lite subscription licenses. Just enjoying the game right now and getting used to combat without flight assist on.

10. Phaserlight

Phaserlight Member

May 28, 2012
    Beau Hindman of Massively covered VO on the iPad a few hours ago:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/03/mmobility-vendetta-online-on-the-ipad-is-a-familiar-experience/

Regarding PvP: it's one of the best aspects of VO as far as I'm concerned (trading, mining, and manufacturing are all viable alternatives of course, and there is some overlap). I'm always available to teach a trick or two to any new players that are on at the same time as me and ready to learn. I'll be interested to hear people's experiences PvP'ing on the iPad as this is pretty new ground.

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I sooooooo want this in my ip5!
    Is it like a online version of elite or eve?

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is there anything similar to this for iPhone?

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    What's up with this port? I was very interested (as you can see by scanning earlier posts), but this game has seen what...one update? And this is the first comment since May?

14. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Well the revival of the thread made me pick it up. Pretty fun, and nice to have something Eve-like on the ipad.

15. Phaserlight

Phaserlight Member

May 28, 2012
    #215 Phaserlight, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    The following is a video of an event that recently took place in Vendetta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWi41m5deRY

Vendetta was recently updated with player shields, allowing capital ship owners to defend themselves more effectively in hostile territory.

16. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Can anybody comment on how competitive mobile gamers are compared to desktop users? I hear the virtual controls put us at a serious disadvantage against our mouse-wielding counterparts.

17. Phaserlight

Phaserlight Member

May 28, 2012
    #217 Phaserlight, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    There was a user a while back who made a splash by claiming to PvP successfully just on a phone with zero accoutrements. I've made a PK on my phone, but I can see where having a bluetooth controller on any mobile device would be a notable advantage over the virtual controls.

If you stay with the game long enough, chances are you'll end up playing on both mobile and desktop / laptop. Mobile isn't a bad way to be introduced to the game, as most of the starter areas are generally pretty safe. Myself, I like to play on mobile (because it's... well... mobile) for activities such as trade, mining, and manufacturing. However, on the video I linked to I am playing from a laptop with a controller (I don't really use the mouse most of the time, although some players swear by it).

I think it mostly depends on your playstyle, and what kind of experience you are looking to get out of the game. Playing on just mobile longterm is definitely an option; there are plenty of non-combative or combat-supportive roles mobile excels at. Playing on mobile and a bigger screen interchangeably via a Lite sub is also an option. I have a Premium subscription and a Lite subscription, however I'm also going on my 11th year playing.

18. Keolhu

Keolhu New Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Brilliant game!

19. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I wish they'd put it on the iPhone as well. It's been on all sizes of Android for years.

20. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Yeah :(