Universal Fable Age (by Blue Tea Games US)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Vendince

Vendince Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Was thinking of using Robin and Little John in a team. Also got Frog Prince today, not sure if I should use him, though.

Also considering switching out my Siren Princess for Briar Rose.

Rapunzel, Rose Red, Siren Princess and Snow Queen is the current team. Could use some tweaking, though.

2. fableageparmenion

fableageparmenion Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Frog Prince / Aladdin / Prince Charming are all okay. Their evolved forms have better bonuses for Nature / Fire / Water heroes (+60%) than Robin Hood / Beast / Snow White in the Master form. As well, they go up to level 120.

They change their weakness gem into the gem of their color, which has limited usage. This is either an offensive ability if you have a one-colored team, or saves on links, or a defensive ability (say if an enemy is more powerful with a type of gem). However, the active is of limited use. In more difficult battles, I was taking Frog Prince / Aladdin / Prince Charming over Robin Hood / Beast / Snow White based on bonuses and higher stats.

Rose Red + Snow Queen are a good pairing because Rose Red's critical feeds Snow Queen's passive (restore links on criticals). Rapunzel is generally good especially Barricade as damage reduction on bosses. You probably have the Siren Princess in for healing.

If you get them, Enchantresses and Druids go a higher level than the Siren Princess and you may find them more useful.

3. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    ...I was about to ask if I should bother leveling either of my two enchantresses.

Got the Fire and the Water ones.

4. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Enchantresses and Druids are stop-gaps as they evolve twice and their top forms (Inferno/Forest/Arctic Enchantress) have max level=80, their Active converts the gem of weakness to heart gems for healing (cooldown=14). Their passive gives you pretty good resistance (35%) for their element. Siren Princess max level=60 and Active heals 2.5x her health every 10 rounds. The highest level of Druid heal 8x their level in health every turn and heal links by destroying their weakness gems.

I think Druids are a faster healer than Sirens. Even if you get to level 60 and potion out the Siren Princess, I'm guessing she's only around 2000-2200 health, so 2.5x means only 5000-5500 health every 10 turns, whereas Druids would give you up to 640 health per turn every turn. Enchantresses, every 14 turns, you could get more heart gems. Of course you can wait until you see a ton of gems of that color before you convert.

I say stop-gap because I think the top healer is Guinevere, Queen of the Round, especially if you have Rose Red and Snow Queen. Rose Red's critical bonus powers Snow Queen's link restoration which powers Guinevere's healing. Synergy!

If you don't have the Witch/Sorceress/Shaman, then the Enchantresses have the highest naturally occurring resistances. Very useful against Phoenix Prince, coming up in a couple of weeks. Well, Inferno Enchantress anyway.

The Crystal Phoenix's active I don't think will help you that much against Phoenix Prince (randomly convert gems into Fire gems). The Phoenix Prince's special ability is that for every Fire gem that you link in, he hits each of your characters for 300 Fire damage. Crystal Phoenix's stat bonus vs. Phoenix Prince of course is great.

5. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1305 fableageparmenion, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    Beating Godly - Legionaire (Legionnaire?) Elixir

I did beat Godly difficulty - Legionaire [sic] Elixir yesterday. I can't do it consistently, it requires quite a bit of luck.

Team was (everyone max level and fully potioned)
    Merlin, the All-Powerful Wizard [friend]
    Cinderella, Master of Bears
    Rose Red, Lady of the Flame
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Ice
    Midas, King of Gold
    Total elixir enchantments:
    Block 8%
    Chromatic resistance plus Goldilocks base = 57%

Godly level is a touch harder than Heroic; I think the monsters do a bit more damage. Fortunately my resistance was really high (which means I can probably take like 5-6 hits from the defenders and undead sorcerors). I get some sense a balance of high Chromatic and good block is important. Blocking means you can let your heart gems build up against the boss.

Against the boss, who is a specific element but does 15000 damage, I was around 16000 health, so I could take 3 hits without healing. I do think that getting resistance above 50% is important, it gives you 2 turns where if you get heart gem trolled, you don't die. And you end up needing less number of heart gems so you save a few for next round. For instance, if you need to heal about 7500 and your total health is around 15000, you could do 5 heart gems (= 3750) and then link a total combo of 11 gems (= +100% to base 100% or 200%). Or you could do 4 heart gems and link a total combo of a total combo length of 16.

Having enough links is a bit of an issue. Having Midas and Merlin help a lot, and Snow Queen a little.

If I had one more character and had to replace one, I think I would be tempted to take Guinevere, Queen of the Round and replace Midas, King of Gold. Guinevere has a little link restoration (Meditation = every 24 turns, you can restore 12 links per round for 5 rounds) and she heals. I believe her stats are lower than Midas' =

(Oh for reference, some other top heroes)
    Guinevere Max lvl 120 / 3634 Health / 2089 Power
    Phoenix Prince Max lvl 120 / 2853 Health / 2594 Power
    Big Bad Wolf Max lvl 100 / 3084 Health / 1589 Power
    Rapunzel Max lvl 120 / 3731 Health / 2022 Power
    Thrushbeard Max lvl 120 / 3832 Health / 1948 Power (I don't think my friend has fully potioned)

I would lose Midas' +80% bonus for area attack, meaning I would get hit more.

Beating Godly (which I did not use a Fable stone) gives you 2 Elixirs instead of 1 for Heroic.

By the way, before I forget, does everyone know about Manual Targeting? I don't think it's covered in the introductory missions.

6. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I do have the Sorceress. She's not good for healing, though.

7. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Heh. Sorceress isn't useful for healing. Sorceress -> Rain Sorceress -> Storm Sorceress has the best Water resistance plus Weakening Chant. Which makes her ideal against Goldilocks.

She doesn't heal.

Reducing the damage you take so that your healing can catch up is an important mid-game to late-game strategy.

8. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Very true. I should probably re-enchant everyone for resistances.

9. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Yeah, resistances (or blocking) are what I favored.

I haven't gotten that many Heroic elixirs, but if I got a Legionnaire rank (rank=5) Blocking, I'd take it!

I think I've only gotten Greater Blocking (rank=4) of up to 8%.

Most of my heroes once I was strong enough to get Blocking Elixir of Battle Forge (slightly harder than Hard and less than Heroic) I got blocking (see my Elixirs post yesterday).

If you can find some place that gives you tons of Defender Elixirs, those actually result in higher resistances (up to 13%) than the Elemental Spirit Elixirs.

The higher Fables occasionally drop Heroic Elixirs, which are like rank 2-5.

Above that, Elixir of Wisdom (which isn't that good just decreases cooldown by 1 or 2), Legionaire [sic] Elixir (which is okay, increasing critical percentage and critical damage), and Chromatic Elixir.

I'm going to have to file one or more emails as bug reports with Blue Tea, who hasn't responded to my last bug email.

An 11% Greater Chromatic Enchant from a Chromatic Elixir is pretty sweet. If they can fix the bug where Chromatic doesn't apply to Dark (when clearly it's advertised that it does), then that would be awesome.

10. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Haven found a good place for farming yet, but I guess it's a matter of luck.

11. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    I camped out on Wicked Witch - Midnight Passage, give gave me a lot of keys and money (to get Midas). For the stamina cost, I think the best is Dwarven Vault (whatever level you can handle) and then Midnight Passage.

Although it is less gold for the battles than some of the more difficult quests/fables, you can sell the Ranger. If memory serves, it was like 9150 coin for the Ranger plus 6490 for the quest (or more than 15000). If you have around say, 42 stamina, and you do 6 runs going to work, and then a few around lunchtime and 6 runs going home from work and a few before going to bed, it's possible to rack up like a quarter million gold every day.

I usually estimated like every 6 runs of Dwarven Vault - Heroic = 1 million gold.

So 4 weeks, every weekday Midnight Passage = (at least) 5 million gold total; 4 weekends farming Dwarven Vault = (at least) 6 million gold. So it's possible to go onto Austerity Measures to get Midas in 4 weeks. (grin) Then you can go back to spending regularly.

After getting Midas, I went to the Ruby Forest until I had 20 Fable stones and then got Rose Red. But you have Rose Red. So then I camped out before the final quest of Rapunzel and got 20 Fable stones, but found out the game offers her to you for 40 (grrr).

I think I got through the Hard quests and just kept hitting Witch's Chamber for a bit to get Midas up to around level 100 and Rose Red level 100.

The last four bosses aren't super tough if you've leveled enough. The second last battle in Fable #23 (The Royal Crypts, Battle 9 of 10, is probably far harder than the final boss.)

The two Lich Lords or whatever the heck they are have a 7-9 round timer of a one-hit kill. The final boss (? I'm currently calling it "Banshee Queen" or something) isn't that bad. Hits every other turn for like 7000 Dark damage. This level (Royal Crypt) takes me about 10 minutes to complete and I usually get like 9-12 keys and around 20-30 x Experience Books (500 experience each). Sometimes like a Rune of Captains, Heroic Elixir, and Red/Blue/Green Sacred Lotus.

12. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Midnight Passage is quite easy lately, so I do that one and whatever quests for upgrade materials is on. Slow going, but at least I can sell the rangers.

13. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Cool.

I completed the (Legionaire [sic] Exilir) on godly difficulty and won 3 out of 4 times. My best current combo for Godly difficulty is probably Goldilocks, Merlin, Rose Red, Snow Queen, and Midas, with a total of 57% resistance all and 8% block.

I also complete the XP Tome - Heroic pretty regularly (despite the stupid bug that doesn't count my resistance) and replace Goldilocks with False Prince.

In these highest levels, watching the number of gems you link and the number of heart gems is pretty important.

Each heart gem, count roughly 5% of your total life. Merlin's combo makes it really easy to count -- every gem beyond the first gives you a 10% bonus.

For instance, if my total life is like 16k and I take 9999 (close enough to 10k) damage, I either need to do:
    - 5 heart gems (=25% or 4000) and a combo multiplier of 250% (you get 100% for the first gem, so I'd need a link total of 16 gems)
    - 6 heart gems (=30% or 4800) and a combo multiplier of 210% (link total of 12 gems)
    - 4 heart gems (=20% or 3200) and a combo multiplier of 310% (link total of 22 gems)

Pretty much you want to heal either as much as needed or as little as you can get away with because using up all your available heart gems every turn might result in a random shuffle where you have very few to no heart gems.

14. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    I usually save the heart gems for when I need them, unless the board is so full of heart gems I need to remove some to make room for others. I do suppose Briar Rose could be used to remove unwanted heart gems.

15. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Heh--
    That's why mid-game, getting the Heart-gem-to-Burst-gem-converter (e.g., Sheriff/Constable of Nottingham, Belle, Mountain Dwarf) is very useful.

You might be powerful enough not to need Heart gems at certain points. So their active ability changes all Heart gems into Burst gems of their element. Plus they have a bonus +150% more effective (in total 175% damage added per Burst gem since normally each burst gem add 25% more damage).

Later game, you'll need the Heart gems, but mid-game when you're strong enough, you can trade in a bunch of not needed Heart gems for a lot of damage.

16. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Still need heart gems, but that might be because I need to work on resistances. Just not getting elixirs. Oh well.

17. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    #1317 fableageparmenion, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Elixir of Wisdom and Upcoming Phoenix Prince

Eek! The end boss is also Dark element!

Meaning the Godly difficulty is nigh impossible, or you have to be really lucky.

I think I'm estimating (all max level and completely potioned):
    Merlin, The All-Powerful Wizard
    Goldilocks, Master of Bears
    Rose Red, Lady of the Flame
    Snow Queen, Regent of the Flame
    Big Bad Wolf, Tyrant of the Woods

That should be around 25k total health and effective resistance of 20% because of the stupid bug.

Heroic difficulty isn't too bad if you are max level and have at least the first four characters.

I just don't find the treasure (Elixir of Wisdom) that useful that it warrants paying Fable stones to complete the quest ;)
    Decreasing cooldown by 1 or 2 is far less useful than say, if you got your active 2x or 3x as fast (the latter would actually be quite useful). I did use a few characters with the Elixir of Wisdom. Not that useful. Had a Raiding Pirate with Rank 3 Active ability -- normally cooldown of 10. Elixir of Wisdom rank 5 changes this to a cooldown of 9.

BTW, I believe this Sunday morning at 0500 GMT or 1am EDT (USA Eastern), we should have Phoenix Prince. I have a friend with Crystal Phoenix level 34, but that's not enough. I think I can probably get resistance close to 60% and if I can get some blocking and healing, that would be good. I seem to remember that he hits you for 300 Fire damage for every Fire gem you take in and against each hero and then some big hit, although I don't recall if he hits you every other turn or every turn.

If you get him, he's a decent hero. Passive is 6x his normal damage every turn in unblockable "Dark" damage (for all intents and purposes). Max level=120. Active destroys armor. So as actives go, you can only do this once per enemy or group of enemies, and it doesn't stack or have any additional effects with say, Burning Witch.

Nice uses of his passive:
    - additional damage against enemies with blocking, like Knights
    - additional damage against enemies that have armor especially that cap the amount of damage taken, like Minotaurs
    - his passive still works if the character is incapacitated e.g., by Undead Sorcerors

Is not so good if you're trying to just build up your Active meters.

18. fableageparmenion

Dec 20, 2014
    Specific Heroes

It might be interesting to do a post on each specific hero, e.g., synergies, pros and cons.

For instance, for the Evil Apple Witch quest, which has no heart gems, I've been using the Dragon Prince, the Breath of Flame.

Bad synergies with the Dragon Prince include Rapunzel: since you take no damage until you've burn up all your links, you don't get the benefit of Rapunznel's passive (turn 3 gems into Burst gems if you take damage). Another relatively bad synergy is the Master Paladin since you don't get the benefit of healing. (Incidentally, the healing appears to be about 1/3 of the damage that the Paladin inflicts.) Another bad synergy would be the Fairy Godmother, since her passive is Blocking +40%, making the Dragon Prince's Active not as useful, and her active is full heal, and you'd have to run out of links to take damage before you need healing. Or any Druid, since their passive is healing, and you won't fully utilize their passive until you run out of links.

Good synergies would be characters that restore links and/or have high resistances.

So my team for dealing with the Evil Apple Witch - heroic has been:
    King Midas
    Little John
    Friar Tuck
    Dragon Prince
    plus a friend (Frog Prince, Lord Robin Hood the King of Thieves, Jack the Slayer of Giants, Master Paladin, etc.)

- Sheriff of Nottingham has a nice passive, but I don't see many burst gems and there are no heart gems, so the Active is completely useless.

The Dragon Prince's passive means that you use links to extend your life or put differently, you lose links before you lose life. He's a bad choice if the enemy does a lot of damage i.e., you'd lose a lot of links, so situations where the Dragon Prince is a bad choice:
    Any heroic/godly elixir quest
    Goldilocks Legendary Quest (because Goldilocks sucks down links)

Instead of finding heart gems to restore life, with Dragon Prince, you're looking to restore links so you don't run out.

His active (Burst Shield) means that for 5 rounds, you get +40% Blocking (to a max normal of 50% unless you have some Defensive auras that increase the max blocking).

19. markmarques

markmarques New Member

May 21, 2015
    Oh I'm interested!

Wow, beautiful game
    [​IMG]

20. Vendince

Patreon Bronze

Oct 17, 2013
    Finally got the last material I needed to upgrade Rose Red to Rose Red, Lady of the Flame. Two Fridays' worth of grinding, and finally the single material dropped. That should make things go faster.