Anyone heard of ZX Spectrum games for mobile?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sheja, May 7, 2014.

1. sheja

sheja Active Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Would be great to have Highway Encounter or Nether Earth. What do you think?

Any old nerds around? :):):):)

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    If you get Spectaculator you can slide in your own roms. I still go back to Sabre Wulf, Jetpac et al. It's a bit of a faff but it works a treat and works with iCade too. The Spectaculator thread has some decent instructions on how to do it.

3. sheja

sheja Active Member

Feb 12, 2014
    cool thing. thanks for the hint!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep its a great app, i've got about 100+ games on it including all my favourites. Just amazing to have all these games on the go ! Plus the filesizes are so small as well

There were lots of apps on the Elite Speccy app but then we all found out that the devs werent getting paid royalties ! It went to court, the devs got paid and all the games were taken off the Elite Speccy app (Thats why its not in the app store). Sad story really i was really happy knowing the old devs were getting some royalties from the app but turned out that wasnt true.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Does anyone have a repository of the he HTML files you need to Spectaculator. I've got the massive World of Spectrum archive on my Mac and I've imported a few of them into Spectaculator but it's too much like hard work to do it en masse.

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Is that what happened to that. Shame. I'm sure Steve wasn't getting rich though. God, I loved that Elite App when it first hit.