Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Class 2's can land in Class 3's, right?

And I wish Nimblebit would do an event in the Eurasia area.

2. jdrawmer

jdrawmer Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Fogbuster = 6,189 profit per hour
    Sequoia = 8,177 profit per hour
    Tetra = 8,309 profit per hour
    Cyclone = 11,080 profit per hour

according to the stats... Of course that doesn't take into account bux runs, but it's a pretty useful figure.

3. bbcversus

bbcversus Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Ok, asking a question:

Does one upgrade of an class 3 airport (10mil) improve the number of ppl/cargos available significantly or with 2-3 more only? I am planning to upgrade my big airports but it costs quite a lot.

Thanks fellas!

4. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    TO be honest, i'd struggle to put a figure on it, but it definitely makes a difference. I would only advise spending the money on that though, if you need to - as in, if you're struggling to fill planes every time.

5. bbcversus

bbcversus Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Yes, right now, at level 17 with 3 Pearjets Im struggling to fill up the planes, I think Ill go with upgrading the airports to get full 25% flights more often and later will expand some more with greater planes.

Thanks!

6. lighttingwolf

lighttingwolf Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Is it worth upgrading Honolulu to the max? My Aeroeagle are getting me money fast now, and Its always easy to fill up Beijing with layovers but not LA. I have Seattle and Honolulu feeding it.

7. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Definitely. As a class 2, it has far less jobs naturally.

Although, if you're like me, you'll reach about lvl 25 and realise it just doesn't provide enough jobs, so you'll probably scrap it altogether.

8. lighttingwolf

Jun 25, 2012
    Okay, I was also looking to remove Guatemala and Satiago but they let my Birchcrafters make some profit when they're not feeding LA. Should I remove them or should I replace them with ____?

9. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I've decided to do away with Class 2 cities (e.g., Honolulu) feeding into Class 3 city hubs (e.g., Los Angeles) due to the limited job pool despite fully upgrading the Class 2 airport.

My feeder cities are Class 3 now.

10. Axelbond

Axelbond Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Sweden
    Can't someone please answer my question? Don't anyone know what to do? If u don't know what i written, look my last post. I can't play before i know what to do.

11. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    I'd say get rid of them. They could be used better elsewhere, and it will mean your airports jobs will be more focused, which might mean you don't need to upgrade them at all!

You don't necessarily have to replace the airports. The less the better really.

12. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Bump. (sorry, I don't know the answer to your question)

13. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    Do you guys bounce Bux around at an additional "loss" or is it not worth it to do this?

Example:
    I'm in Shanghai (my hub) and see a 10 Bux job listed. (I'm not ready to put it on a LA-bound plane)
    I'll pop that 10 Bux job onto my "feeder" plane going to nearby Tokyo/Beijing, only to send it right back to Shanghai so I can keep it as a "layover" (cuz otherwise the job would have disappeared when the next Shanghai job refresh)

Yes, this is a real example. I just saw 10 Bux listed in Shanghai. :D

Now I'm curious. What is the highest Bux job you've ever seen?

14. stan86

stan86 Member

Dec 29, 2011
    how many airports do you have? If you can sell LA, that will give you around 20,000 coins and maybe scrap some planes in your hangar for the remainder??

15. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    First of all, IF you take a job from shanghai to tokyo and then back again and unload it, it won't be a layover - or at least in my experience. It seems to remember where the job originated!

Secondly, yes - I do chuck my bux around, because I have about 6 planes that just run around picking up jobs so I know, eventually, a plane will reach it and pick it up.

16. lighttingwolf

Jun 25, 2012
    Okay I opened up Chengdu near Beijing that way my Equinox can go to london.

17. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    How many planes are people using to service their long haul routes?

I've currently got a Fogbuster, a Sequoia, a Cyclone and a Tetra - and even though i've reduced the length of the haul, i'm still finding i'm EASILY filling up the layovers, so think I might add another Cyclone!

18. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    So it's still in preliminary testing (and I spent a ton of coins to change it up) but I'm finding at least a 1k per hour boost on my fog busters by using Sao Paulo - Seoul. So route is Sao Paulo - Kimshasa - Mumbai - Seoul. Tokyo to feed Seoul and Santiago to feed Sao Paulo. Everything Pear and up can run each stretch of the route. Not as high numbers per flight as LA to Asia but much shorter flights. Beauty is in the linearity of it, using distance calculator posted previous on here, it's only 1 mile out of route, whereas you lose over 200 going too far north on the NY - London - Tehran bump

19. jdrawmer

May 31, 2009
    Sounds like a good idea! I'd probably do the same were it not for the hundreds of thousands i'd lose in selling my upgraded airports and buying / upgrading the ones on the mentioned path.

Although not part of the straight line, do you not think using buenos aires would be better to feed sao paulo, being a class 3? Honolulu was terrible for feeding LA, so i changed my route so that it was NYC --> Beijing instead.

20. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah I think I lost well over 600k changing the route. But it was bugging me not to try. I might add buenos aires as a feeder later (and perhaps another final destination once I get planes that can easily do BA - Kimshasa jump). I'm hoping Santiago can continue to feed even as a Class 2 because of the 7.2 mil pop vs 4 of Honolulu but I'll have to see