iSamurai approved

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by doughogg, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doughogg

doughogg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Mac Consultant, Research and Promotion Director
    Los Angeles
    #1 doughogg, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    Hi everyone,

Our Game Has Been Approved!
    iSamurai, our ground-breaking game, has been approved by Apple and will be for sale in the iTunes store on June 11th.

iPhone Launch Party
    We will also be demonstrating iSamurai at Touch Arcade's and MacHeist's iPhone Launch Party on June 10th.

Previously Posted Pictures
    Previously, we posted pictures of our Dojo and found out that our Samurai swords were upside down... which is why our game was delayed (Joke). Actually we did fix the swords, but our game was delayed because Apple sent it back three times for a bug fix and for some other changes. Basically they search until they find something that needs to be fixed or changed and then they inform us. After we handle that issue and re-submit, they continue their search until something else is found. So the whole process can take some time as we found out.

More Pictures
    The exact nature of the game has to remain confidential until the Launch Party on June 10th. However here are some more pictures. First the splash screen from the game:

[​IMG]

If anyone would like to see a larger version: http://toykite.com/sites/default/files/iSamurai-600.jpg

If anyone would like a poster, open this link and then click on the image to zoom in: http://toykite.com/sites/default/files/iSamurai-1600b.jpg

This is the warrior:

[​IMG]

Here are some additional screens from the game, quotes from legendary warriors:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your responses to my earlier posts, and for your patience while we got our game approved.

Upgrades
    Thanks to our beta testers, we have already submitted our first upgrade to Apple, and we are hoping that it will be ready by June 11. If not, iSamurai will still release on the 11th, and then there will be a free upgrade shortly after that.

We are planning a number of additional enhancements and expansions of iSamurai, so we are very interested in your feedback.

:)

Doug Hogg
    Toy Kite Software

2. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    im psyced for this!!!

3. doughogg

Apr 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Thanks!

We could have released iSamurai a week ago, but we couldn't pass up the honor of releasing it at the iPhone Launch Party.

Along with many other interesting people, Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple and inventor of the first Apple computer, will be there.

Doug Hogg
    Toy Kite Software

4. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Congrats on the approval! Was it approved today? Did not know that app reviewers work (although I would love to pay for them out of my own pocket for doing it ) on weekends or it could be review bots ;)

We're still waiting for ours to be approved. Getting mad already.

Excited to see your demo at the IPhone Launch Party! We'll be there too. Would love to chat more at the party. Go IPhone Launch!

5. doughogg

Apr 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. iSamurai was submitted to Apple on May 5th. We sent a preliminary version to Arn here at Touch Arcade and we were invited to release iSamurai at the iPhone Launch Party. After some discussion, we decided to accept the invitation and release at the party. The very next day, we received the approval.

At this point, we are very stoked to be heading up to San Francisco (we are in Los Angeles) for the event. It was definitely the right decision.

I think you will be impressed by our demo. I look forward to meeting you and chatting at the party - should be wild!

Doug Hogg
    Toy Kite Software

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Artwork looks pretty amazing. Cant wait to hear details of the gameplay..

7. doughogg

Apr 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    #7 doughogg, Jun 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    Thanks. We will be posting the details of the game right after the iPhone Launch Party on June 10th.

The gameplay is what makes iSamurai "ground-breaking".

8. asbjoern

asbjoern Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Part of the Tactile Ent. team
    Copenhagen
    is there som ingame video somewhere?

9. doughogg

Apr 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hi,

We do have some videos, but we have promised to release iSamurai at Touch Arcade's iPhone Launch Party in San Francisco. If we showed the videos now, we would ruin the surprise.

However, I will be posting a video here at Touch Arcade after the party on Wed, June 10th.

I will say this: both our programmers are robotics engineers and they have applied their skills to this game. In my opinion, it will shake up the iPhone game industry, because it does break new ground.

Doug Hogg
    Toy Kite Software

10. bojack13

bojack13 Member

Apr 21, 2009
    So, did anyone guess right in your "guess what kind of game this is" contest?

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I don't think so, Its not what you would expect. But it is VERY fun to play. I got a lot of "Oohs" and "Aahs" while I was testing it

12. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Hey Doug,

Glad you guys fixed the swords orientation. If you guys would like ANY help let me know. I'm a purest when it comes to bushi, and such. I've been a practitioner of Muso Shinden Ryu and Meguro Kendo for five years!

13. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Will the swords look at all like this ?

Attached Files:

14. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    The dojo picture has all the swords reversed to the correct orientation

15. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    got ya !

16. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Wow. Can't wait. Hoping it's gonna have a Story Mode. I love games with blood, swords, violence, samurai, blood, and did I mention swords? :p

17. mar12

mar12 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    thats right up my alley aswell, especially the swords....luv em

18. chukwuka13

chukwuka13 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    this is probably a no but i'll ask anyway. Is this game 3D?

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Don't know if I can answer this just yet.

But I will say that it's NOT the kind of game you're thinking ;)

20. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Oh god. You just completely threw me of-course. I'm just hoping it's not another puzzle game although if it is, I might buy it if it really stands out to me.