question to iphone & ipad owners: why buy ipad only apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sylvr, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    #1 Sylvr, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    i just got a new ipad and im having a tough time decided whether to buy the iphone version of apps and just x2 them on the ipad, or give up on the tremendous portability and stick with the ipad version.

its rough, i suddenly really understand why so many gripe about the lack of universal apps. when would you rather buy the ipad only version rather than iphone and x2?

also, i wish more games had cloud functionality where saves are copied through both my iphone and ipad. really makes me feel like i have to pick and choose which games i play on which system. is there a list out there of games that use the cloud to forward the saved data?

thank you!

2. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I'm in the same situation as you. I buy iPad only versions of apps if the iPhone version doesn't look as good as I want it to in 2X mode (Example: Cut the Rope) or if the iPad only version has exclusive features like improved graphics (Real Racing 2 HD) or two-player modes (Fruit Ninja HD). Many iPhone games look fine in 2X mode on the iPad (World of Goo), so I just stick with those if that's the case.

3. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

I hate having iphone apps on my ipad. My iPad has iPad only apps on it and I couldn't be happier. If I'm being cheap or if the app is iphone only, it goes on my iphone. If I feel that there's lots of elements on the screen and the game would be better on the iPad, I get the ipad version and it goes on my iPad. 2x mode sucks.

4. Sylvr

Sylvr Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    thank you both for the replies!

i have a large collection of iphone apps, so i am glad that a fair share of them were universal. some apps look pretty horrible at x2. also it doesnt fully fill the screen.

i hope more and more apps are universal and include cloud saving. i would happily pay more for that. is there a list out there of universal apps with cloud saving that forwards your saves between ios devices?