Universal Mighty Wardens - (by Demonual)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Wowzers. Now this is how you rip off a successful IP. While there is no grey area at all as to where the inspiration comes from, (certain battle moves/animations and the way weapon drops are handled and displayed look lifted straight out of Castle Crashers) the execution is so lovingly handled with such attention to detail, I think even the lawyers at Behemoth might shed a tear of joy before reaching for their phones. Enough appears to have been added as well, (and enough taken away) to give it some character of its own. Or that of Battleheart. It's hard to tell for sure at this stage. What's not hard to tell at all, is that it's a blast to play. Local co-op multiplayer though is conspicuously missing.

2. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    This looks fantastic! Another buy... gonna spend at least 10$ tonight.

3. EnterNexus

EnterNexus Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    #23 EnterNexus, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Really on the fence about buying this one. Usually i would jump at this, but the appstore have taught me to be too cautious for my own good. what are the iAPs like guys?

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    OMG ITS CASTLE CRASHERS FOR IOS!!!!! well almost but damn if not close , why hasnt behemoth made IOS games? yes there games are all flash based could be why :) but this will work for now...

5. EnterNexus

Nov 20, 2012
    Game Impressions

This game is really quite fun, i havent be able to put it down ever since downloading it. The iAPs.. well,there are 4 items you cant get until you buy the in app purchase, but the rest of the game is entirely unlockable by playing, and it's so goddamn sastisfying, plus the 4 different characters have this connected melee set of attacks so you are used to the control and dont have to relearn it with each character, but their special attack are diverse and make up for it.

And this game doesnt drag on and on, you are plunged right in, encouraged to experiment with different equipments and armors, and just go ahead and hack and slash. Not the best game released this week, but one that I will actually play the most, because it loads quickly and plays smoothly.

6. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Sorry if this sounds stupid,but is there a story mode? If so how many levels roughly?

7. EnterNexus

Nov 20, 2012
    It's not endless, but the story mode you are talking about barely have a story, it's just going from one place to another really, and there are 11 locations, each take quite a while to get through. and you have bosses every few locations. I think where this game shines is the leveling up, equiping yourself, and then set out on a multiplayer quest with someone.

8. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    So more like a side scrolling diablo,with little story but loot/bash driven :)

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man if loot was color coded by rarity that would be awesome! Also is there a town or something u can buy or sell things?

10. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I have to say this game is pretty fun. The graphics look beautiful on retina Ipad 4. The animations are also very good. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet but during one of the load screens it actually mentioned voice chat (not that I would use it). If you like Castle Crashers this is a no brainer. 4 different classes that all play some what different. Have to play more to give more details but wow for 99 cents what a steal.

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Digging this so far. If you like games lie Castle Crashers, you'll probably like this too. The story is basically non-existent but the combat and light RPG elements really shine - particularly since there's been few iOS side scrollers that have captured that CC feeling.

Funny, with all the focus in the big releases like MC4 and Minigore: Zombies (both of which I can't play anyway), I've had a good night of pick ups of smaller releases. Ashame they probably won't get much attention.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    How is the combo system in this? Is it purely button mashy or do you actually need good timing?

13. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'm sorry this game is soooooo boring I got to the 3rd level but its just tap tap tap with no strategy.

14. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    One of the few games I will be downloading.

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Are you on the third world, third stage or just your character has leveled up to 3? You unlock combos as you level up (think the first one is Level 4) so it gets a little better as far as button mashing is concerned. Right now I'm just concerned about he difficulty. My character is level 8. Still in the first world, but have already maxed out the number of health potions (10 - and all found as loot) and haven't come close to even having the need for them.

I don't know. The game may not be for everyone, but I'm enjoying it and hope the challenge ramps up.

tops2 - I only have two combos unlocked and they seem a pretty easy to pull off (the first one is a little tougher to nail than the second one).

If you like this style of game, I think it's easily worth the buck. But I will be interested to see how it progresses and if it gets too repetitive.

16. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Third stage I was on but deleted it. This is a castle crashers but in someway castle crashers is soooo much better and less repeat taps

17. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I never played Castle Crasher, but i like this game alot. The char skill system looks like it's well thought out, and overall the game is pretty polished. Currently I'm at lvl 9. There is IAP once you hit the warden store. But because this game isn't hard at all (combos are easy to pull off), i don't think it's needed at all.

Those who are concerned about the repetition, guess what -this is a beat'em up game, what do you expect?

18. Demonual

Demonual Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Hi everyone!

Thanks for all comments. We've already addressed some issues with difficulty in 1.1 update which we will send somewhere this weekend. Basically it's quite harder right now and we've also enhanced sub-bosses abilities as well as made them health linked. They will also spawn more often. We want to make this game better and better so we are looking closely at all comments and ideas, thanks once again. Also there is an iCloud included in upcoming package, some balance fixes (items, skills) and couple additional leaderboards. We are also working on bluetooth multiplayer but can't promise it will happen in 1.1.

19. nschneider350

nschneider350 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Thank you for the iCloud support! I wish every universal game would do this, it just makes sense.

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there a shop or city or something to buy or sell gear? Also it would be great to have color coded loot in terms of rarity or power, just something to think over.