Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Well i say yes but my exp maybe different from others, I found the BMV 1 Series was the only one that could catch people on Mount Panorama, for sheer gunt speed the Dodge Challenger would be the better choice on SliverStone while Forcus for me seemed the best choice taking on Suzuka Circuit in the Pure Stock Challenge, Still I brought Audi TT and it was getting floor wiped by the owners Porsche 911 how every remember untill you do Gold of which then you up against your own friends i find the game tends make it easier for you to win so you can process in the series, also in the case of the Audi TT as well as opening up the Everyday Heroes it also opened up the Prime Proudction MatchUp of which it was second Tier car. While the BMW1 series one i mention earlier opens up 8 Cyl Annihlation series but this time only a tier three car. So while the car may seem crap in one series it will be better in another.....

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I am trying to get 100% on the first tier, I am at 95% and have about 4 cup events left which I cannot go better than 2nd place in the BMW 1 series.
    Tough, some of the TSM cars are Hardcore.

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I only just managed this morning to do the Pure Stock Challenge this morning toi 100% worth it for the money and gold you get after all every bit counts towards them IAP only cars. I know i know some will say oh finished that group days ago it was a easy well good for you i had too much fun going back over some of the races i won gold in and taking on my TSM friends. Speaking of which maybe sometime tomorrow i upload some videos of me against some you and my skill or lack of skill at driving.....

4. Kane2007uk

Kane2007uk Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Amusements Cashier/Security
    UK
    Anyone else seeing higher tier cars in lower tier races, twice now in "Everyday Heroes" series there has been one Zonda ahead of the pack, yet Audi, BMW and Porsche is the car selection???

5. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Gonna do the same now!
    I have 4 tiers each at 94% so it's time to grind some money and buy the other cars in those tiers and go for 100% before i move on!

6. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Are you fully upgraded? As a guy kindly suggested earlier, if the TSM races are too hardcore, switch off WiFi and restart the game. Then you go up against the computer bots which are much easier.

I can verify this works since I was playing the Indy speedway face-off and I kept on losing by 500m over two laps in my Porsche 911 4.0, with second level engine upgrades. Did the above and won first time round with the CPU, though it was pretty close.

7. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    How is that possible?
    Havent seen it yet though.

8. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    #1628 racer-007, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    Wow! I am 75% on I think 4 or 5 cups but I abandoned them case I just couldn't get past the Silverstone autocross. Once this is fixed I'll go 100% them. I'm over 90% on another two and shall finish these today, hopefully. Won the first championship yesterday.

The only sad part about doing this is lots of my money went towards upgrading the best car and buying the other cars in the series. Am broke with $200k in bank. But the good part is getting 100% will increase my gold count, which I need 120 of more for getting the Zonda R. That will be interesting!

Update: I think the reward for 100% especially in terms of money is kinda lame. The gold, that I can't complain about, cause that's what I'm after. And in case you are wondering, these rewards get higher by a bit as you make your way into higher championships.

9. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Really? Screen cap please. You might have been confused, it was a bug or it was an exploit by a group of hackers.

10. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    It's hard for me to save gold because i want my cars fully upgraded.
    And the gold upgrade cost seems to be increasing with better cars!
    My first car (ford focus) was i believe 15-16 gold coins to fully upgrade & the car i just fully upgraded was already 50-55 gold coins!

11. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    Hmm...I only ever used gold to fully upgrade the BMW in the first championship. It is the only car I have fully upgraded so far. What I don't quite like is even the early upgrades for the latter cars cost so much, and they have six or seven different aspects to upgrade.

Anybody here got a car worth in excess of $1mil? Care sharing how is it?

12. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Fully upgraded cars i have by now:

Ford focus rs
    Bmw 1 series m coupe
    Bmw z4 sdrive33is
    Bmw m3 gts
    And for the porche 911 gt3 rs i just need the gold upgrades.

13. skydg

skydg Member

Mar 13, 2011
    i had the bug with the assists achievement...

it "fixed" itself after i switched from control method A (auto accelerate+manual brake) to B (manual accelerate/brake), in my first race after that i got the "training wheels loose" achievement.

just to share my experience... unless auto accelerate is considered an assist?

14. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    :eek: Not bad, not bad at all. But I will resist this temptation and see the big picture (Pagani Zonda R!). Will surely get around to play you in TSM later today, just to see how far those full upgrades get you.

15. Kane2007uk

Jan 12, 2009
    UK
    #1635 Kane2007uk, Feb 18, 2013
    Not quite sure after taking this cap I loaded it up again to get a shot of the username and it's no longer there, the driver was one of the games made up TSM players called [JJF]

[​IMG]

16. racer-007

Feb 15, 2013
    I believe it is. I am on the B option. Manual acceleration's biggest draw is that you can lift off mid corners. Can be essential while navigating Eau Rouge or 130R. Using control option A, I don't believe this can be efficiently done.

17. killy billy

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    First places all the time! ;)

18. skydg

skydg Member

Mar 13, 2011
    #1638 skydg, Feb 18, 2013
    yeah... that's why i changed. Was bugging me (and probably many others) because it doesn't appear to be an assist, at least it's not displayed prominently as such.

edit: saw it on one of the loading screens "you can change the driving assists in the controls menu"

19. Kane2007uk

Jan 12, 2009
    UK
    Here it is again on the Everyday Heroes, Turbo Burst World Championships Round 2, Race 1 at the Mazda Raceway, Laguna Seca.

[​IMG]

I don't have any Facebook/Gamecenter friends that use that name, so I assume it's one of the ones built into the game, therefore a bug.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Just wanted to say that this game works really well over airplay, it's not showing you a map on your device but mirrors the screen exactly, however it's a lot smoother over airplay then real racing 2 was, that game skips and jumps around everywhere.