Just got an iPhone 6 what to get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by aconfusedkender, Oct 21, 2014.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I just got an iPhone 6 yesterday and I'm looking for a game that really puts the machine to the test that has beautiful graphics and a fun gametime. Can someone help me with this who has an iPhone 6. I'm up for most games.

Also what can the iPhone do better than it's predecessors other than the obvious?

I did notice that alot of the games I beta tested on Testflight I can no longer download though which is sad...

Thanks in advance,
    aconfusedkender

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How come you got the latest phone if you aren't sure what the best games are for it ? Not trying to argue but I'm surprised when people get the latest devices and then aren't sure what to get for it to show it off !

3. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Apple isn't exactly helping this... most of the games in their "iPhone 6" list aren't even full-resolution on the 6.

As much as it pains me to say it, Gameloft's latest games are pretty good on the iPhone 6. Asphalt 8 and Modern Combat 5 use Metal to push the iPhone 6 pretty hard, and look great doing it.

4. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I get the latest phone when the market starts making games that require more than what I previously had. For example I went from a 3 to a 4s when new games were coming out that only ran on 4 or better. Now I went to the 6 because the newer games are coming out that require a 5 or above so I typically skip a generation. Either way thanks for your comment and sorry I'm not as technically sound as you seem to be.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Mr. Crab by Illusion Labs was updated with Metal a while back...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mr.-crab/id599515468?mt=8

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't have a 6, but running Mr. Crab with Metal on my 5S didn't strike me as a great showcase of the technology's potential.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Well... when there's not that many apps & games that DO take advantage of graphical updates via METAL, games like Mr. Crab do get showcased. I found the graphical jump to be pretty impressive, considering the graphics weren't 'all that' to begin with. But that is just my opinion. So... =o/

8. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Asphalt 8: airborne is a very fun game.

Also consider getting infinity blade iii if you are interested (if optizimed on that device), one of the best looking games for iOS.

9. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I had Asphalt with my iPhone 4s and played it alot when it first came out. I'm guessing an Asphalt 9 should be coming out sooner than later :confused:

I also had played all the way through IB3 with my old phone.

THank you guys for the suggestions.

10. iFritoMaster

iFritoMaster Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Janitor
    Chicago, MURICA
    To impress? Get some Gameloft games. To have fun find REAL PC games that were ported to mobile. Machinarium, anodyne, bard tales. Stuff like that.