Not enough space?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vingdoloras, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    How many of you have the problem of having not enough space?

My 11 sites are always filled with apps, I don't really want to use the 3 hidden pages, because if I delete one app from the visible pages, it all gets messed up...

2. IKnowHow2Fly

IKnowHow2Fly Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I don't have a problem with this, if you somehow manage to use every app on every page then God bless you! Cause I'm sure if you look at all your apps you will realize there are many that are un-used and just taking up space.

3. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Yeah, the time I spend on one app in one session is pretty short, because i DO use nearly all of them (THATS the problem! :D) When they get old, I instantly delete them to make space for something new...

4. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    everytime the eleventh page is filled, I delete some apps ^^

5. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    hmm nice idea :D

I arranged my apps so every page contains a different kind of apps... every time I load a puzzle App, I kill another puzzle App etc... I got 3 "everything-pages" where I put random apps which don't fit into any of these app types or which don't fit onto the page of their type because it's full and I REALLY can't delete any of these...

6. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    I've had 11 pages of apps and 14 pages of hidden apps, so don't worry about '3 pages of hidden apps.'

Just have to use search to access the others.

I was moving to a new computer and I added every app I had to the ipod for transport. Just checked though, I have added a lot of apps... it would take approximately 33 pages of hidden apps for my 700+ apps now.

Lol, I don't think I'll try it...

But, 14 pages worked fine for me on a 2G itouch 32gig.

Rixx

7. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    The problem is... if I have apps on hidden pages, and then delete one app from a visible page, my iPhone automatically fills the slot on the visible page with a random app from a hidden page, which is not what I want... :(

8. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    i always try to keep apps in my touch minimum.. usually around 3-4 pages...

but right now, i have like 9 pages because of app sales keep me buying stuff and in fact, i just got like 4 different itune giftcards ($80) now im gonna buy even more apps hahaha

9. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I jailbroke my Ipod for this very reason. If you are willing to jailbreak get categories because it is a lifesaver.

10. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    There is a jailbreak app that allows you to have as many visible pages as you want.

11. The_Running_Man

Jul 21, 2009
    really?

whats it called?

12. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    Lemme' see, one sec.

Edit: It is called SBOrganizer and it costs 99¢ in Cydia.

13. The_Running_Man

Jul 21, 2009
    cool thanks:)

14. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Never heard of that one, but I still prefer Categories because I hate flicking through pages and pages.

15. SunriseMoon

Sep 22, 2009
    It's not that bad if you have Quickscroll 2, which lets you quickly scroll anywhere on a page (and anywhere on springboard).

16. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I have the same problem as you. I tried glitching extra pages and then I got rid of it because I did not like how you can't access the applications tab and app arranger in iTunes. Then I tried just having hidden apps, but I did not like not seeing all of my games' icon on the screens (and also once you erase an app from your 11 pages, one of the hidden apps will automatically fill the empty spot which I hate).

I have learned to just accept the 11 page limit. In a way it helps me... If I could have room for unlimited pages, I would buy buy buy! The thing I do is keep all of my 300+ apps in iTunes and only sync enough for the 11 pages of my ipod touch. Once I run out of room again, a delete a few, then get more, then delete, etc. Its a hassle... especially now that I have pretty much not synced all of my apps I think I don't need. The bad thing is that I keep wanting more!