Universal Spirit Lords (by Kabam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 15, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #1 PeteOzzy, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

Spirit Lords™

Uncover the secrets of a long forgotten past and become the next Spirit Lord in the most immersive action RPG to hit mob…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Uncover the secrets of a long forgotten past and become the next Spirit Lord in the most immersive action RPG to hit mobile devices.

A thousand years ago a war bridged the Spirit Realm and the physical world, destroying a vast empire. All that remains is one last human city, desperately attempting to rebuild from the ruins. However, the war may not truly be over...

Spirit Lords is a multiplayer, mobile action RPG that introduces an original world where the spirits of the dead are the key to the survival of the human race. Discover the secrets of a long forgotten past as you collect powerful spirits and harness each one’s unique power for use in battle. Control the past to save the future. Be the first to uncover a new land, overcome fantastic monsters and dig up treasures in the ruins of past civilizations. You’re an explorer investigating the ruins and mythology of the old Empire when an ancient evil threatens all you hold dear. You must become the first Spirit Lord seen in 1,000 years or risk your world ending.

FEATURES:

ADRENALINE ACTION COMBAT WITH INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS
    - Swipe, drag, and tap your way through combat with simple and powerful gesture controls
    - Unlock over 200 unique combat abilities by collecting and upgrading your Spirit powers
    - Battle dozens of unique races and vile bosses through a variety of landscapes; from lush forests to subterranean caves and crypts

INCREDIBLE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION & GEAR
    - Choose the class that appeals to you – a brutal Barbarian or a tactical Sorcerer
    - Create and customize your hero with 300,000+ unique combinations
    - Equip your hero with thousands of pieces of armor and weapons with magical properties

AN EPIC, NEVER-ENDING STORYLINE TOLD WITH AAA ART FIDELITY
    - Experience a fully original world and unique story
    - Discover the mysteries of the Spirit Realm as new Acts are added
    - Explore a visual tour de force with console quality graphics

4-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER CO-OP ACTION
    - Take on the biggest challenges with your Guild or new friends with simultaneous play!
    - Find a party anytime for one quick game or an extended session

**************Important**************
    Note: A network connection is required to play

Does not work with iPod touch 4th Generation or iPhone 3G and 4

Works with iPhone 4S+, iPod touch 5th Generation+ and iPad 2+
    Requires iOS 7 or newer

By downloading this game, you agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and the License Agreement.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/privacy-policy
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/eula
    ************************************"
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Apr 08, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Chaos_u

Chaos_u Well-Known Member

#2 Chaos_u, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This looks amazing, imps?

4. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I would but unfortunately it's not compatible with iPad 2, sorry. Very jealous of the co-op side of things!

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #5 redribbon, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Nvm...

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #8 KeKhan, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
    This is actually REALLY fun!!
    Pleasantly surprised by this little gem..
    The spirit system is pretty cool, allowing you to collect and evolve different abilities.
    The control are good for touch - double tap anywhere to teleport there, hold and drag for channeled abilities , double tap on hero for aoe attack, very well done.

Great graphics, fun gameplay, really enjoying it!

8. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    What's the IAP catch? Free game, I assume there's something there?

9. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmmm this game does look good. What is the catch exactly? Online only? Paywall?

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #11 Cilo, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    I'm loving this game a lot. The graphics are great, the abilities work really well, and all of the loot customization is addicting. Level design is awesome for mobile, and all the assets in the world blend well together. There are some major issues though:

1. Touch detection on the iPhone is off. Due to how far you have to zoom out to see everything, touch detection doesn't account for this all of the time and your taps won't register about 25% of the time.

2. There is lag in the overworld, and lag in levels, and this is on single player, so I can't imagine how multiplayer runs. I am on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0

3. Leveling slows to a crawl at about level 7. Why does this matter? Well because once you unlock a level 7 area, the loot drops there are for level 8. So you basically end up with an inventory full of loot that is locked, forcing you to grind out a dungeon for multiple runs just for xp points only. It's such a weird design choice to not vary loot drops, I understand having pieces that are for the next level up, but why am I able to enter a zone at level 7, yet there are zero level 7 drops?

4. Spirit upgrades require gold, which is fine, but it doesn't tell you what the change will be until after you pay. A good portion of your gold and time in the beginning will be devoted to experimenting

5. Tooltips are nice and provide a lot of useful information, but not when the tooltip hovers underneath your FINGER!!! How am I suppose to read the stats on tooltips when to activate tooltips you need to tap and hold on an object, which brings up the tooltip, yet it is placed not to the side of where you are pressing, but right underneath . . . :confused:, obviously either this wasn't tested thoroughly, or maybe it works differently on iPad, but on the iPhone it is frustrating.

6. Ability buttons are either way too small, or way too cramped together, you'll be really happy when you go to press a certain attack and it doesn't register. Also the auto attack is fine and works well, however once one enemy dies, the auto attack doesn't reset, so you'll be holding your finger still down and nothing is happening. This forces you to lift your finger and press again to reactivate the auto attack. Why is this annoying? Because the sprites are so small and they clump together, so its very hard to tell if a smaller mob you were targeting died if a larger one is hovering over it.

Quick tips: Keep at least two moonstones to unlock new character slots as they cost 1 each. You get 1 character slot free, you'll need 1 moonstone to unlock the other class, and I would save 1 more for when they release the Rogue class. You start out with 5 free moonstones, not sure if you gain any without IAP. I also used 3 to expand my inventory. You get 10 inventory slots, and 1 moonstone will give you 5 more. I'm not sure if this carries over to other characters, I would hope so but I haven't tested it.

Created a quick gameplay video of the first boss.

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Just started messing around with this game and I have to say that it's really damn good!! Now I need to put it away so I can beat Battleheart Legacy first.

12. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Looks interesting.

13. thebassman

thebassman Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Game Impressions

So far I'm really enjoying it - only played it for a couple of hours so far, but the graphics are great, gameplay is fun, story is interesting, and the spirit collection/combining/experimenting keeps it interesting. Haven't really hit a paywall yet...

14. ivalerio90

ivalerio90 Active Member

May 27, 2014
    0.5 star because ita kabam

15. Lilyx

Lilyx Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Just wanted to say I'm in love with this game! I started playing yesterday and am already level 13 or 14. Hoping to see a global release soon so my friend can join me =)

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Spirit Lords™ (by Kabam)

[​IMG]
    Spirit Lords™

Kabam
    Genres: Games Entertainment Action Role Playing
    GAME CENTER ENABLED
    Free ​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Devices:

• iPhone6Plus
    • iPhone4S
    • iPhone5
    • iPad23G
    • iPad2Wifi
    • iPadThirdGen
    • iPadMini4G
    • iPadFourthGen
    • iPhone4
    • iPodTouchFifthGen
    • iPadMini
    • iPhone6
    • iPadThirdGen4G
    • iPhone5s
    • iPhone5c
    • iPadFourthGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 435.2MB

Spirit Lords™

Uncover the secrets of a long forgotten past and become the next Spirit Lord in the most immersive action RPG to hit mob…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Uncover the secrets of a long forgotten past and become the next Spirit Lord in the most immersive action RPG to hit mobile devices.

A thousand years ago a war bridged the Spirit Realm and the physical world, destroying a vast empire. All that remains is one last human city, desperately attempting to rebuild from the ruins. However, the war may not truly be over...

Spirit Lords is a multiplayer, mobile action RPG that introduces an original world where the spirits of the dead are the key to the survival of the human race. Discover the secrets of a long forgotten past as you collect powerful spirits and harness each one’s unique power for use in battle. Control the past to save the future. Be the first to uncover a new land, overcome fantastic monsters and dig up treasures in the ruins of past civilizations. You’re an explorer investigating the ruins and mythology of the old Empire when an ancient evil threatens all you hold dear. You must become the first Spirit Lord seen in 1,000 years or risk your world ending.

FEATURES:

ADRENALINE ACTION COMBAT WITH INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS
    - Swipe, drag, and tap your way through combat with simple and powerful gesture controls
    - Unlock over 200 unique combat abilities by collecting and upgrading your Spirit powers
    - Battle dozens of unique races and vile bosses through a variety of landscapes; from lush forests to subterranean caves and crypts

INCREDIBLE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION & GEAR
    - Choose the class that appeals to you – a brutal Barbarian or a tactical Sorcerer
    - Create and customize your hero with 300,000+ unique combinations
    - Equip your hero with thousands of pieces of armor and weapons with magical properties

AN EPIC, NEVER-ENDING STORYLINE TOLD WITH AAA ART FIDELITY
    - Experience a fully original world and unique story
    - Discover the mysteries of the Spirit Realm as new Acts are added
    - Explore a visual tour de force with console quality graphics

4-PLAYER SIMULTANEOUS MULTIPLAYER CO-OP ACTION
    - Take on the biggest challenges with your Guild or new friends with simultaneous play!
    - Find a party anytime for one quick game or an extended session

**************Important**************
    Note: A network connection is required to play

Does not work with iPod touch 4th Generation or iPhone 3G and 4

Works with iPhone 4S+, iPod touch 5th Generation+ and iPad 2+
    Requires iOS 7 or newer

By downloading this game, you agree to the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and the License Agreement.

https://www.kabam.com/corporate/terms-of-service
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/privacy-policy
    https://www.kabam.com/corporate/eula
    ************************************"
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Apr 08, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

17. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    There is already a soft launched thread for this isnt there?

19. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Yeah, they changed the name from Spirit Lords for some reason. No way Touchy could have known that though.