Zen Pinball Halloween Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by amusing Grace, Oct 29, 2014.

1. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
  2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yes.. Finally i can try TWD pinball. :D

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks! Grabbed Walking Dead. Is Doctor Strange a solid table?

4. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm a very casual pinball fan, but enjoy it enough that I decided to keep one pinball app on my phone. Right now I have Rob-O-Bot and it's pretty fun on the rare occasions that I play it. I'm interested in picking up the Walking Dead table (and maybe one or two more), but is it a good enough upgrade over Rob-O-Bot? And if I purchase it on the iPhone version, does it transfer to the iPad version when I eventually pick one up? Thanks.

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    The Zen Pinball apps are universal and have a restore-purchases button.

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thanks. When I clicked on the link above on my phone, it took me to an iTunes page that said that version is only available on iPad.

Better than Rob-O-Bot?

7. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Very different from rob o bot. That table is simple with five modes to complete but actually difficult to finish... More like a real pinball table (I own a bunch of real Wms and Stern tables).

Zen tables are easy to play... almost endlessly as it can be hard to lose the ball on some tables. Still can be tough to finish the sometimes confusing modes but fun to play anyways. Nice GFX and sounds are usually their highlights.

I only have maybe four of them as after a while they can feel kinda "samey" ... if you know what I mean.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    When I first started playing pinball games, I liked Zen Pinball the most. But the more I played, I also found most Zen Pinball tables to feel samey too and liked them less and less. Eventually the only Zen table I liked is the free one. I like Rob of Bot much more...but it depends on if you want a more real pinball table or arcade table. Both are still fun depending on my mood.

9. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Well the Doc Strange table has a decent layout and it's easy to get things going. Simply hit a couple drop targets to open a hole that will start a multiball or other modes,.

Table LOOKS great with cool animations, etc... Unfortunately it has NO background music to get you pumped up - just some rather gentle SFX. Zen still hasn't learned that when you hit a ramp on a pinball game you should hear a hell of a sound effect. Sadly the ramps here make a tiny sound when hit and all ramps sound about the same.

So Zen once again nails the visuals and it plays well but they fail in the sound dept. the voice overs are good though and there is ample amount of them.

Worth a buck... just could be so much more with a decent sound package.

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Oh yeah!

11. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I think Dead Pool, South Park, Walking Dead, and Plants vs Zombies are the best ones in the Zen Pinball set. Yeah definitely get Walking Dead for that price

12. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Ok I take it back... Now Doc Strange is playing some orchestral music in the background. The first time I ran it there was no sound. The ramps still sound disappointing but the overall package and the ease of starting mode makes it pretty good. Worth a buck for sure.