Knights of the Old Repubic II coming to IOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seiza616, May 19, 2015.

1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    In light of the recent article concerning kotor 2 being listed for mobile devices I am surprised that someone hasn't started a thread about it.

So....does anyone have any thoughts on the game in general, how it compares to kotor, which version of the game might we see, speculation on a possible release date, features you want?

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    This looks like it'll happen for sure, just a question of when.

I've never played KOTOR II so i'm really looking forward to this. Love the first one - but i do need to complete it !

I do wish they would go through their back catalogue so we could play Dark Forces/Jedi Knight etc. I can play a lot of these on Android but sadly not iOS so these classic games are just sat there gathering dust.

Also Rogue Squadron would work so well on handhelds, theres similar games but i would love to play the originals. Again these games are just sat here gathering dust !

I have played Dark Forces I via Dosbox which works okay but would love official versions

3. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I forgot to add the 2 in the title to this thread....I hope it doesn't impact the response rate. LOL

4. ecler

ecler Member

May 19, 2015
    Indie iOS developer
    Wrocław, Poland
    KOTOR 2 is awesome, I would love to play it on iPad. The only thing I really want is adding the removed content (quests, locations) from the original version (there were mods that was recovering this stuff). It's very different game than the first version, but it's as good as it. Maybe even better.

5. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I have not played kotor 2 myself, although, I am interested in hearing about the differences between the original version and this "modded" content version.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I love both KOTOR titles, but the first one i like better. This is still going to be instabuy.

7. Shyning

Shyning Member

May 17, 2015
    #7 Shyning, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Yes both games are great, it will be instabuy like first one. It would be great if other Star Wars games would come out like X-Wing or Tie Fighter, or step further KOTOR MMO ;-).

8. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    No,not KOTOR MMO if you mean SWTOR,it is just another abomination made by EA.
    You do know what have they done to Revan?

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If they do more ports, The Force Unleashed or Jedi Academy are solid choices IMO.

And i think i was the only one who enjoyed the considerably crappy SW Bounty Hunter game back on the PS2, i'd still instabuy that just so i can play as a bounty hunter in the SW world again. :D

10. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    What we really need is a port of Episode I Racer. That game was awesome, and would be a perfect fit for iOS. I'm also hoping they release a mobile Battlefront game this fall to go along with the console version.

11. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Any thoughts on an estimated release date for this game? I think the original KOTOR released on 5/30/2013 if I remember correctly....perhaps the same could be in the works for KOTOR 2?