Comand and Conquer coming for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Svensz, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svensz

Svensz Member

2. 21duc29

21duc29 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Student
    Can't read German but this is going to be awesome! I love the C & C games, especially Tiberian Sun (instead put that one in :D)

3. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Freaking yes! I would love for C&C:RA to make it here. My fave of the series, the second being Tiberian Sun.

4. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    RA3 would be brilliant! :D This will be good, as long as its 3D and has good controls. Controls make and break this genre of game on the iPhone.

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    from EA

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-spotlights-blockbuster-titles-at-e3

6. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Thanks Arn! Do you know how to display the full EA mobile site when on an iPhone?

7. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    First Red Alert game was the best in my opinion, and I'm EXTREMELY excited to see it being ported to iDevice.
    Go EA!

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I have been waiting for a proper RTS for awhile now, and I'm sure EA will be able to do a great job with a great franchise, at least I hope so! I love C&C!

9. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Warfare INC is a proper RTS, just lacks graphical refinement

10. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    I tell you right now!

Quantum Collapse > C&C port from Corporate EA

11. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Yea Quantum Collapse>Command and Conquer :)

12. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Doubtful that it'll be 3D considering the original Red Alert wasn't.

It'll be nice to get a quality RTS on the iPhone. I just wish it were a better one with more strategy. As long as it has online, I'll be pleased.

Hopefully, this will inspire other developers (e.g., Blizzard) to release good RTS games like Warcraft II and Starcraft.

13. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I agree that Quantum Collapse does look like the better game IF it has online multiplayer. Honestly, I think I can speak for many/most RTS gamers that most of the interest in any RTS games will be for online modes. I've never really cared for single player modes. I honestly don't know if I've ever completely finished the campaigns in any RTS game, and I've played most of them up through Warcraft III.

14. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    This is great news and i cant wait to get it. I want to see Empire Earth come out one day...
    :D

15. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

id love to see this game as much as id love to see age of empires. they'd both be amazing. :D

16. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    You make it seem like a corporation is a bad thing lol. A corporation is merely a choice of business, like a partnership, or a sole proprietorship. The only difference is that the individual receives no liability from the corporations problems in exchange for double taxation at the corporate and individual level. That's all in a nutshell at least.

You got to remember that all businesses (except non-profit), down to its root are the same. They are out to make money.

17. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Bleh. I was one of the few that actually hated C & C games. I mean don't get me wrong, I love RTS games, and C & C does RTS well, but the only one that I actually enjoyed was Tiberian Sun, which f*ckin rocked. I would KILL to see that beauty on the iDevices, it's not like it couldnt be easily done or anything. I just didn't really like the UI of the new one in particularly.

18. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Videogames started out as a hobby, something people would do because they were passionate about them, not because they wanted to be millionares and powerful and famous.

EA is greedy and not innovative at all. All they do is buy IPs that did good and send them out to make endless sequels of what proved to work.

So yeah, i don't like big corporations coming in what may be the only place where independent developers can do what they like and make some money in return.

Good thing 90% of all EA Iphone games suck tremendously, maybe someday they'll give up and go away.

19. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

ok so this completely changed my mind on quantum collapse