Evil Master Overlord - Real time dungeon defense strategy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LCDDreams, Oct 15, 2012.

1. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    The pieces will come down in a queue, one at a time, and you'll be able to place and rotate each one however you like, as long as there is always a path from the entrance to the EMO's stash (if you try to block the path, the game won't let you place the wall). Not quite sure what you mean by stack them, but the dungeons are one story high - you can't put one wall on top of another.

The extra points for patterns idea is an interesting one. That won't be in the game, but maybe something for us to consider for a future update. Of course, most of the time you'll be more concerned about getting rid of those pesky heroes than about making a pretty dungeon.. :D

2. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Here's a video of the wizard in action!

3. MobileMaster88

Oct 15, 2012
    The way the wizard dies is awesome....maybe it would be cool if you had some smoke coming from him as he disappears.

4. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    It's funny that you mention that... The effects are definitely not in there - his second animation is shooting off his spell, which is obviously not visible. But yeah, smoke may very well make it in there.

Just posted some wallpapers to the EMO facebook page (too big to embed here).

5. unc0nnected

unc0nnected Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    ah that's awesome, very wicked witch of the west. So do you guys have plans for additional heroes in the future? Do the current heroes work together or something or do they just come out single file and march towards the treasure?

6. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Most definitely - more heroes, traps, barriers, and minions will be added in the future. And yes, the heroes work together - so they enter and work more as a party than as a stream of enemies in typical TD games.

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, now that I've seen some pieces this is starting to gel in my brain. Will it just be castle/dungeon pieces popping up to be placed or will we also be placing the dungeon inhabitants?

How do all of those weapons we saw fit into this?

8. MobileMaster88

Oct 15, 2012
    Weapons

It seems that there are only swords available in the game. Why not have other medieval weapons such as a Mace or Battle Axe. That would be awesome.

9. MobileMaster88

Oct 15, 2012
    Yeah, me too. Can't wait for the gameplay video. I want to see the heroes in action.:cool:

10. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    In addition to the walls, there will be traps, barriers, and minions. You will also be able to use spells against the incoming heroes.

The weapons are for the EMO, for him to fight the heroes when the Heroes reach him.

11. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Yep, we will definitely have more weapons and more variety in future updates!

12. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    In addition to the walls, there will be traps, barriers, and minions. You will also be able to use spells against the incoming heroes.

The weapons are for the EMO, for him to fight the heroes when the Heroes reach him.

13. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #33 LCDDreams, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    Ugh, sorry guys - I originally posted the above responses with my other account, Artfoundry by mistake. And then I went to repost with this account and delete the others, but discovered I can't delete posts. :( (can't believe I've been on these forums for, what, 3-4 years now, and never knew I couldn't delete a post :p)

14. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Here's another set of animations (walk, shoot, disarm, death), this time for the rogue hero.

15. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #35 LCDDreams, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Animation set for the female version of the EMO.

And here's concept art for our skeleton minion!

[​IMG]

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA

Looks like she's rehearsing for a play. Even has her big death rattle down. :)

17. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Here's an initial (not final) image of the in-game UI (background is a placeholder):

[​IMG]

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Slick! Can these pieces be rotated and do we only have access to the bottom one or can we pick among the offered pieces?

19. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    You can only use the bottom one (the rest are there so you can see what's coming), but yes, you can rotate them. There are some restrictions with rotation and placement though. For example, when doors are placed next to walls, the door side of the piece (doors are set within wall pieces) can't be facing the end of the adjacent wall for obvious reasons.

20. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA