Garena-Like app for local multiplayer games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kugi_igi, Sep 8, 2009.

1. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i don't know if this is even possible but it just came into my crazy mind
    what do you think?Garena or GGclient app for the iDevices
    so that all games which already capable of local multiplayer can be played online
    long wait or wait for nothing is not needed just to play online against other players around the world,and the game developers will also get advantage because they don't need to make their own servers for their games
    i don't mind if someone here say i'm crazy but i just want to share my ideas
    and please tell me if some reason that will make this an impossible crazy idea that didn't made to my brain,hahahahahaha

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    that would be soooooo good!
    i doubt itll happen but if it did. WOW!

3. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    for all those who don't know what Garena is,it is previously called GG Client,it is an application for PC that enable players play Warcraft 3,Left4Dead,Counter Strike and many other LAN games through online servers,it means that you can play online against other players around the world even with LAN games only,sorry if I didn't really brighten your minds about Garena,hahahahah,too bad for me,hahahaha

4. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

Not too familiar with the program... but seems to me that it would be difficult to make this work. The current iPhone OS doesn't really allow for programs running in the background. Maybe a jailbroken solution could be devised that would simply fool the iDevice into thinking that it has a "global wifi" with everyone else in the network. But again, wow. Difficult.

5. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    some apps already run in the background

mail, safari, some IM clients do, facebook does (for a few minutes after closing)

6. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    that's true,but i now realize that with apple's approval process,this is impossible,maybe i can ask zodttdor other jailbreak devs,cydia is our hope if it is really possible for the device,hahahah

7. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    yeah true. the jailbreak community is the only hope for this app

8. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i really want this app,if i was just rich,then i'll spend all my money to study everything about programming so i can make my ideas possible,hahahaha

9. kugi_igi

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    hahahahahaha