Universal Call of Champions (by Spacetime Studios, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 18, 2015.

1. IzumiNowa

IzumiNowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2015
    Unemployed/part-time job
    #1 IzumiNowa, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
    Call of Champions (by Spacetime Studios, LLC)

Call of Champions

Call of Champions is the most intense real-time multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) game for the iPad and iPhone. Choose a C…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Call of Champions is the most intense real-time multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) game for the iPad and iPhone. Choose a Champion, recruit a team, smash the enemy, and compete against millions worldwide!

The heart-pounding five-minute matches in Call of Champions distill the best of old-school MOBA mechanics like lanes, minions, and item shops into fast-paced tactical brawls, game-changing power-ups, and a tug-of-war with an Orb of Death.

Featuring over 15 Champions with fully customizable talent trees, as well as an innovative A.I. that fills in if you need to take a call or text, Call of Champions is the MOBA perfected for mobile devices.

Game Features:
    - FREE TO PLAY FOREVER!
    - Compete around the world in lightning fast strategic five-minute matches.
    - Receive a FREE Champion in your first week of play (.00 USD value).
    - Unlock and command over 15 Champions spanning five iconic classes and eight unique Realms.
    - Push the "Orb of Death" on a track in a thrilling tug-of-war to take down towers. No waiting on minions.
    - Grab power-ups for yourself or fight for board control to share power-ups with your team. No item shop required.
    - Customize your Champion to suit your playstyle through a novel Talent Tree.
    - Watch friends and pros duke it out in Spectator Mode. Follow players, Pause, and Instant Replay. You control the playback!
    - Never lose a game to drops. A.I. instantly fills in for players who need to take a call or reply to a text.

The reviews are in, and here's what people are saying about Call of Champions:
    - "First mobile MOBA that does something super clever" - Touch Arcade
    - "Feels like the first true mobile MOBA" - PocketGamer
    - Best Mobile Game, Pax Prime 2015 - MMOGames
    - "Incredibly gorgeous" - AppRumors
    - "The 5 minute timer makes this game perfect for mobile devices" - MMO Games
    - "More accessible, more interesting, and a lot more fun" - PocketGamer
    - "Arena is so good, it’ll leave you wanting more" - Trusted Reviews

Built on Spacetime Studios' innovative Spacetime Game Engine, Call of Champions delivers high quality real-time action at a silky 60 frames per second. It's small download size (80 megs) and low bandwidth requirements (synchronous over 3G and faster) make it the ideal MOBA for an on-the-go competitive experience. With high resolution graphics, external display support and a suite of stream-friendly features, you can bring your battles to the big screen and share your triumphs with the world!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Sep 15, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (18)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Looks decent so i will give it a try :)

2. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    I beta tested this game. It's a nice mini MOBA with 5 minutes games

3. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Looks polished from the gameplay videos and screenshots. More surprised Spacetime Studios is branching away from their "<name> legends" portfolio. Will try it out!

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Out worldwide

5. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Small downloadsize, small play sessions possible due to games lasting 5 minutes at max. Interesting! I just played through the tutorial. Game seems fun, but I miss a shop where I can buy items during a match. Maybe that will be introduced later though. Let's see how long this game can hold my interest :)

6. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Very good game for 5 min sessions !

7. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I'm very surprised this isn't getting more attention from the community here. I played several games beyond the practice sessions last night on the champions that are available for free. The gameplay itself seems pretty solid.

There are no items and no skill upgrading within each game. You start out at full power and it remains the same throughout the game. This makes sense to me based on what Spacetime is trying to do here: short, action packed games. Queue times were reasonable and ranged from instant to a minute. It seems that you gain experience on each champion similar to how World of Tanks grants experience/gold per game. Once you hit the requirement for the next tier of upgrades you can purchase them for gold and experience, or convert experience to "free experience" to be used on other champs. Obviously that conversion will cost you iap currency.

So far I like it. I'll give it a shot. Honestly the most attractive part to me is short game time. I like just getting after it and teamfighting within the first 30 seconds of the game!

8. Zer0suM

Zer0suM Member

May 16, 2012
    Pay to win. Nuff said!

9. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Is it? How so? I haven't booted it up yet.

10. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Pay to win? All you do is pay to get more exp and gold. You don't win by throwing money at it. All the heroes are pretty balanced

11. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    what's wrong with you?

12. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Anyone playing this AND Vainglory?

13. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa

pay for a premium membership Then you earn double. coins and exp so you will be able to level up faster and improve the skills of your heroes , level 10 is maximum of each heroes

however the in game currency are not handing out as generous as vain glory did, it will take quite sometime for you to be able to purchases other heroes if you are to completely rely on grinding in game currency , everything could be obtain without spending s dime

I love this game over vain glory just as I love heroes of the storm over LoL, because I don't have to bother with all the weapon / armour combination and I can focus onto the action

14. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, that's good news for me. All the item shop nonsense makes Vain Glory complicated in a way I don't like. I'd play that game constantly (and spend money) if not for feeling like an idiot in every fight because I have no clue what the hero I was forced to choose is "supposed" to buy and "has to" upgrade, according to the meta-game people who scream at you if you do anything "wrong." If simplifying the game by removing those things will keep the community from becoming a toxic wasteland like most MOBAs, then hurrah! I look forward to getting time to giving this a good try.

15. TouchArcade Bot

TouchArcade Bot New Member

Feb 14, 2012

Call of Champions

Call of Champions is the most intense real-time multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) game for the iPad and iPhone. Choose a C…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Call of Champions is the most intense real-time multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) game for the iPad and iPhone. Choose a Champion, recruit a team, smash the enemy, and compete against millions worldwide!

The heart-pounding five-minute matches in Call of Champions distill the best of old-school MOBA mechanics like lanes, minions, and item shops into fast-paced tactical brawls, game-changing power-ups, and a tug-of-war with an Orb of Death.

Featuring over 15 Champions with fully customizable talent trees, as well as an innovative A.I. that fills in if you need to take a call or text, Call of Champions is the MOBA perfected for mobile devices.

Game Features:
    - FREE TO PLAY FOREVER!
    - Compete around the world in lightning fast strategic five-minute matches.
    - Receive a FREE Champion in your first week of play (.00 USD value).
    - Unlock and command over 15 Champions spanning five iconic classes and eight unique Realms.
    - Push the "Orb of Death" on a track in a thrilling tug-of-war to take down towers. No waiting on minions.
    - Grab power-ups for yourself or fight for board control to share power-ups with your team. No item shop required.
    - Customize your Champion to suit your playstyle through a novel Talent Tree.
    - Watch friends and pros duke it out in Spectator Mode. Follow players, Pause, and Instant Replay. You control the playback!
    - Never lose a game to drops. A.I. instantly fills in for players who need to take a call or reply to a text.

The reviews are in, and here's what people are saying about Call of Champions:
    - "First mobile MOBA that does something super clever" - Touch Arcade
    - "Feels like the first true mobile MOBA" - PocketGamer
    - Best Mobile Game, Pax Prime 2015 - MMOGames
    - "Incredibly gorgeous" - AppRumors
    - "The 5 minute timer makes this game perfect for mobile devices" - MMO Games
    - "More accessible, more interesting, and a lot more fun" - PocketGamer
    - "Arena is so good, it’ll leave you wanting more" - Trusted Reviews

Built on Spacetime Studios' innovative Spacetime Game Engine, Call of Champions delivers high quality real-time action at a silky 60 frames per second. It's small download size (80 megs) and low bandwidth requirements (synchronous over 3G and faster) make it the ideal MOBA for an on-the-go competitive experience. With high resolution graphics, external display support and a suite of stream-friendly features, you can bring your battles to the big screen and share your triumphs with the world!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Sep 15, 2015
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (18)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

16. bhornburg

bhornburg Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Really enjoying this, please add me if you're playing: Brendar#0000

You can get into matches super fast now. I read they're working on fixing the matchmaking so you'll be playing with similarly experienced players, but that since they just launched you might be in some lopsided matches. For the most part I've been having really close games, matches usually comes down to someone taking a tower out or getting a lead in kills right as the timer runs out.

I recommend watching the dev's videos linked from the main menu of the game. There's a lot of information as to how the orb interacts with the towers and info about the towers themselves.

17. classydank

classydank New Member

Mar 8, 2015
    #17 classydank, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Call of Champions (by Spacetime Studios, LLC)

Never really got into VainGlory so I can't compare, but this game is very nice and to the point. 5min games are the perfect bite size experience. gameplay and all that gets a big thumbs up from me. XP, gold, platinum, premium membership, and all that noise..not so much. but such is expected from these f2p games. as of now i don't see myself spending on this game, but i also don't see myself deleting it

Edit: so I played some more and yes it's still fun. I like how there is no stamina I can play as much as I want so out of respect for that I bought $5. not really sure what to use it on, nothing's much appealing. I do like how you can convert hero xp into overall xp. I wish there were skins for heroes, I like to stick with one and skins spice it up a bit.

18. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm enjoying this. Haven't played much, but I like that it's quick. I also like that there is no shop in game, and I like that there is a sort of neutral zone in the middle. I think this works well for mobile as a bite sized MOBA. I've only played one game with people so far, but I noticed it was very stable; it ran as well as in practice with bots.

19. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Thanks for re-making the post for this game. I've been thoroughly pleased with this game so far!

The match length is perfect for mobile and the lack of an item shop and level ups make this all about the combat and objectives. It's the reason I enjoy heroes of the storm over LoL now. Focus on the gameplay, not lucky last hits and snowballing! I just wish more people would ping their intentions during games on the minimap...grrrr

My ign is Turk#2757 if you're looking for friends!

20. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Just noticed that the game is featured under the Games tab on the App Store and also as a "Great New Game". Hope that brings more folks in!