Isochron - isometric turn based game - Inspired by X-Com

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JSeuss, Aug 15, 2009.

1. JSeuss

JSeuss Active Member

May 10, 2009
    #1 JSeuss, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    Hi, I'm putting together a turn based strategy game that's had a lot of inspiration from the old school X-Com games.

Dubbed Isochron, it's had a bit of a break while other jobs got done but now it's at full steam again.

The most interesting addition is the base management screen..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ballistics system is still getting a lot of work done to it and tactical maps are getting upgraded to support multiple layers.

For more info on progress, head on over to http://game.jseuss.com. A lot of the content so far has been created because of user feedback (like base management), so make sure you have your say!

=== Update ===
    Soo, things are moving along for Isochron again. I've just about finished a level editor and the tactical engine has received a complete rewrite to support a bunch of cool features.

How many of you out there would be interested in creating a few level modules with the editor for inclusion in the game? The editor only works on Macs at the moment, but if enough are interested in an iOS version I could make a port I guess.. Leave a comment if isometric level editing is something you'd like to do.

Thanks for your patience and support so far for Isochron - It's truly a massive project for just one guy, but thanks to all the volunteers and donations it's actually coming together.

Thanks!
    JSeuss Software

Video:

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Wooo, pixels! Keeping an eye on this just for the awesome art style.

3. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Looks more awesome than the last time you posted here, are you going to be implementing other x-com features like researching?

4. JSeuss

JSeuss Active Member

May 10, 2009
    Once the tactical elements are polished I'll definitely be focusing on base management and research aspects of the game. Still not sure if I'll release a tactical only game, or wait until it's all done.

5. tmy

tmy Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I have to keep an eye on this.

6. JSeuss

JSeuss Active Member

May 10, 2009
    New features and screenshots available and the game has finally been named. Head on over to http://game.jseuss.com to check it out. There's also a one question survey about the new name.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I voted it's OK. I get the feeling some morons are gonna be pronouncing it wrong.

8. Comassion

Comassion Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    I think it's a good name, and I'm very much looking forward to this game. If you have a big campaign mode that's just ducky, but just having a tactical X-Com combat game will make me plenty happy. Thanks for programming one, and you've got at least one sure sale. ;)

9. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Are you going to need any beta testers?

10. ob1

ob1 Active Member

May 22, 2009
    #10 ob1, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
    Looks nice, I was a big fan of the X-Com series. Looking forward to it.

11. JSeuss

JSeuss Active Member

May 10, 2009
    It's still a little early for beta testers, but I will be needing a few at some point in the future. Keep an eye on the project as I'll be letting everyone know when the time has come for beta testers.

12. silentdante

silentdante Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    florida
    huge fan of the x-com series, so i hope this will be awesome

13. kooworx

kooworx Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Cool! I love X-com!

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Looks like something I'd be looking for. Although, I'm hoping for something more along the lines of Fire Emblem.

15. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

X-Com is a great series to base a new game. Loved them and look forward to hear more about this.

16. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Awesome. I like beta testing.

17. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Looks pretty cool. I have beta tested a few games.. Just throwing it out there! ;)

18. JSeuss

JSeuss Active Member

May 10, 2009
    New Content

Hey,

Just a quick note that there is some more info on the developments of Isochron over at http://game.jseuss.com .

Most notable is the addition of a base management component - so for everyone who requested it, your work has paid off!

Head on over there's a video and everything! :)

Cheers,
    JSeuss Software

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #19 drelbs, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
    Awesome!

Here's the vid:

20. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Please implement as much from X-Com as you can without getting sued. I would play the shit out of an X/Com game on my iPod/iPad.