Phantasy Star II - by Sega

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    [​IMG]
    http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/23/exclusive-phantasy-star-ii-preview-another-classic-genesis-rpg-from-sega/

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Another awesome series on the Genesis I had yet to try out... I still have to pick up Shining Force too. I'm looking forward to this though.

3. GordonFreeman

GordonFreeman Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Shining force is awesome! Will be waiting for this one!

4. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    The Mass Effect of its time, Phantasy Star 2 is still probably not only the best RPG I've ever played but also the best game of any category I have ever played. I never had an experience that matched this game. It was just incredible. Not sure how it holds up today but this game is truly epic. cheers to sega for releasing it and listening to the wants of the forums. This is a Loooong game as I remember it. Spanning several planets. I also remember a significant amount of grinding and leveling up necessary to defeat the ever increasingly stronger enemies u face as the game develops. The final boss was also near impossible. Took me a week and About a hundred tries to defeat him. but there was no better feeling when I finally did. The Phantasy Star series was incredible. the original for the sega master system and 2, and 3 for the Genesis. The 3rd wasn't as well received as the first two but I loved it. hope they release number 3 also and another great RPG of that time called Sword of Vermillion.

5. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Awesome, more Genesis goodness. I would think that III and IV would just be a matter of time if this one sells at all.

6. Kehaan

Kehaan Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Im really looking forward to try this game out. Have played Final Fantasy 1 on the iPhone, and i loved it! So i am going to instant buy this app when it comes out today :)

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Great... if only Sega would bother improving its emulator instead of just swapping the .bin and sell it to us blind genesis fans.

8. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    I would prefer ports over the emulation but I played Shining Force with it and it was great. So the emulator is not to bad for these kind of games...

9. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Not to be totally ignorant but how does this game compare to Final Fantasy 1 or 2 which are already out ? Is this better or totally different? Any word on pricing or going with Sega's current trend of 2.99 ?

10. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=phantasy+star+ii

It's a newer game than Final Fantasy, and it has a lot of sci-fi elements thrown in, but it's definitely in the same genre and play style as the FF games. It's a deep, long game but I suspect Sega will price it at $2.99 like Shining Force.

11. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Cannot wait for this to come out tomorrow. IMO this will be the best 16 bit era rpg on the iphone.