Skate it! or Tony Hawk?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Frej444, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Frej444

Frej444 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Hey!

I'm wondering which i should get, when they're both out.

Any Positives/negatives?

Thanks.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    You should wait until Skate it is out first before you can compare.

3. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

Good advice there :)

4. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I don't have THPS2, but I've heard that the gameplay is very good and the controls are responsive. The graphics aren't that great though, as it is an early PS game.

5. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    The graphics are actually really good when you consider what platform it's on. It actually looks like the graphics from the PC version of the game. They're much crisper than the PS1 version, in my eyes, but maybe that's just the smaller screen talking.

And just a heads-up, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 was not an early PS1 game at all. It actually came out near the end of the PS1's lifetime.. well, really late into the PS1's life, at least.

6. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Thps2 uses an easier to learn system. Skake It is a barely scaled up ds adaption. It uses a bunch of confusing swipes.

7. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    THPS2 was probably one of the greatest games of its time and it's still great today. I played Skate It on DS, and it kinda sucked, so I suggest THPS2.

8. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    Thanks!

I'll wait and see if they make THPS2 HD, that would be awesome!

Frej Lorenzen

9. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    THPS2 is an older game, that is simple and fun I suppose. In my opinion Skate it is a better idea, and has a full city to skate, where THPS2 only has certain parks to skate. Skate it has the option to make a skater and your own park...

I am waiting for Skate it, as I already played and destroyed THPS2 about ten years ago. I think people are scared to try Skate it because they have to learn a new control scheme, thats all...

10. Bengalfan123

Bengalfan123 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    they might not even have half of those features for the iphone version so i suggest you get THPS2. Its the best skate game right now and i think it'll keep its place even after skate it comes out. The controls works great and the game runs smoothly. Have to the poster i quoted, have you actually tried THPS2 on the iphone?

11. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Yes, I have played THPS2 on the iphone, it is the same as it was 10 years ago, only handheld. It is an unrealistic skate game that (i will admit) was good ten years ago. I skate in my free time, and I would much rather have a realistic skate game, than a game with unrealistic possibilities...

The only reason this game was big before, is it was the first 3d skateborading game released, and it had many of the well known pro skaters names on it.

I am just giving my opinion. By all means if you prefer unrealistic over realistic, then buy THPS2.

Bengalfan, I mean no harm, so please do not take me the wrong way....

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Dude... don't even think... Just get THPS2 now. I've played both Skate It and the iPhone version of THPS2, and Skate It is nothing compared to THPS.

When it doesn't have strange lag (I didn't restart yet, so that's probably why), it actually runs smoother than I remember the N64 version running. Plus, I pulled out THPS3 for the PS1 yesterday, and the graphics are much crisper and the game runs much smoother.

My only gripes are the pretty mediocre controls, and the lack of customization features, like create-a-park and create-a-skater, both of which I've spent hours on in every TH game from Pro Skater 2 - American Wasteland, and the apparent lack of the Skater Heaven level, which was even shown in the old trailer from last year.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    So far, the graphics of Skate It look a lot better than THPS2's.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    That's because THPS2 came out in 2000 and Skate it came out in '09...

15. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I've been having problems with this myself. I was wondering if I should get THPS2 or stick with Skater nation. But now Skate it is coming out? I'm confused. I would get THPS2, because I've always wanted a Tony Hawk Game on my device. Is that game anything like THPS3? Because I loved that one.

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Well, the only difference between THPS3 and 2 is that there's no reverts in 2 and the parks are different.

And Skater Nation was fun, but after playing THPS2, it's crap. Don't even look back, just buy THPS and delete SN.

17. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    And your point...? THPS2's graphics could have been refined for the iPhone version, but obviously Activision couldn't be bothered to.

18. Frej444

Oct 8, 2009
    Highschool
    Copenhagen, Denmark.
    I guess they thought fans would want original graphs... But, they did actually update graphs a little.