iPhone Cosmic Mechanic

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gimblll, Mar 1, 2013.

1. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Hello,

I'm gimblll (http://twitter.com/gimblll) and I've been doing a game called Cosmic Mechanic for a while now on my free time.

Cosmic Mechanic is a building game for iPad (works on iPad1 too), where you must build various vehicles and gadgets to traverse the various levels to progress and accomplish the level goals. It has 4 gameplay modes, and a total of about 50 levels.

A few screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More in-depth post about the game can be read here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=31609.0.

I'd also like to have a few more testers on the project, if there's any interest here, get in touch.

Thanks!

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Someone is gonna mention Bad Piggies sooner or later, so I'll get in there first :)

Judging by the second image it looks like there's more freedom for complicated machines in this though... I'm liking it. Sounds like you've got enough unique ideas here to set your game apart.

3. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Sent a PM to test.

4. gimblll

Thanks! Yeah, I was pretty depressed when I saw the first trailer of Bad Piggies. I'd been doing this project long before I ever heard of it, this was mostly inspired by the brilliant old game Bridge Builder. Anyway, the biggest player in the business doing the same game as me, so I thought I might just as well give up. Fortunately it turned out that their approach is quite different in the end, so I think both can be enjoyed as their own games. Not that there's any competition anyway, I'm happy if my game sells 100 copies whereas they're probably not happy with 1 million. :)

5. gimblll

Put together a video of the gameplay. The game should be done in a few weeks, after which I'll upload it to Apple for review.

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Still liking this a lot. Anything to do with physics and creative construction is good in my book. Will it support the retina display on iPads?

7. gimblll

Yep, it's full 2048x1536 resolution on retina iPads. :)

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Thank you! It's refreshing to get a straight answer around here. Non-native resolutions really bug me and not many developers give us the info upfront. I plan to buy this the day it releases :)

9. gimblll

No problem! It runs at steady 60fps too. I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested in it, since there really haven't been that many people so far. :)

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I blame the iPad forum, it tends to get ignored a bit. Even by people who own iPads because they can still find universal games in the iPhone section. Have you posted on the PIGineering Facebook page? It's a popular Bad Piggies fanpage and they love all the mechanics stuff so they'd probably be interested. I was about to go and suggest it to them myself.

11. gimblll

No, I've never heard of that. Though I don't think I have the nerve to go jump to Bad Piggies fan pages promoting my own little game. :)

12. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    No worries, I can do that ;)

13. gimblll

It's finished, yay! I finally submitted it to Apple review and if all goes well, it should be out next week.

14. amdreh

amdreh Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Brazil
    Judging by the video, it's quite similar to Bad Piggies, but Bad Piggies I found too silly and childish. This one looks more interesting! How much will it cost?

15. gimblll

I have it set at Apple's "Tier 3" when it is released, which is (US $2.99 / EU 2,69 € / UK £1.99).

16. gimblll