Cally's Cave 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bronxsta, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#1 Bronxsta, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    Just saw a new image on Screenshot Saturday

This is the original
    [​IMG]

And this is the sequel
    [​IMG]

Not many other details, but I'm really impressed by how much improved the visuals are. I liked the first game's charm, but this is really a step up
    You can follow the game's development here:
    https://twitter.com/jordanfwc

And check out the first if you haven't, it was a great underrated gem

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    The first was amazing. I can't wait for this!!

3. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks guys! It's still a WIP and as you can see I'm still using the old backgrounds as placeholders (for now). But here's a bit of what you can expect:
    - new weapons and enemies
    - weapons level up when you use them and change appearance
    - less of an emphasis on buying from the shop - you find the weapons this time
    - it's going to be MASSIVE - over 100 levels with a map you can fast travel on
    - better check pointing system
    - lots of crazy bosses!

We are working super hard on Cally 2 right now and are shooting for a release in March or April, I'll post a trailer and some screenshots in the TA forums soon!
    Thanks for posting!
    - jordan

4. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Love the artwork to much. Hope that you will take me know if the game releases.

5. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    I most definitely will! I'll be posting in these forums, info to come soon :) Thank you for your interest

6. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Well that was fast

Well the first was fun for alittle bit but it pretty much copied that other Platformer that I liked a lot... Omg I can't remember it right now. But anyways I guess I'll still be on the look out for this

7. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    You are probably thinking of "Random Heroes" or the sequel, which are both fantastic games and definitely big inspirations! They demonstrated how games like this could be done super well on the iOS platform, and those games plus the League of Evil series are pretty much my favorite iOS games.
    I think you'll like where we take Cally's Caves 2, as it's still got a bit of the same flavour, but we are trying to take more inspiration from SNES platformers like Super Metroid (and I know using Super Metroid as an example isn't very original, but I just love those types of games too much!) Thanks for playing!

8. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013

No I remember now! Legen Dary: Classic.

9. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Oh yeah that game came out the week before our game! I remember playing the whole thing well we were waiting for review from Apple. Fantastic game

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Dev really learned a lot from the first. I'd play this one too.

11. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for keeping everyone up to date Bronxsta! Gotta love when I come to post the link to the dev diary here and it's already there :). Thanks Echoen, I'm really trying my damnedest to make this game amazing in every way, lots of lessons learned the first time around.

12. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
  13. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks

Thanks again as always for keeping the thread updated Bronxsta!

14. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

New screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks as always Bronxsta! You are a legend :D

Also wanted to say, if anyone wants to get in the Beta test for Cally's Caves 2, email me at [email protected] and we will sort it out!
    Cheers,
    Jordan

16. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Trailer Posted

Hey everyone!
    Sorry it's been a bit quiet on our front, we've been working our butts off finishing up Cally's Caves 2. We will be submitting to Apple in approximately 2 weeks... Anyways we posted the first trailer for CC2 today, and will be following that with a gameplay walkthrough trailer soon (we will post it here). Hope you like the trailer and feel free to share if you think its cool!
    Jordan

17. jordanfwc

Oct 24, 2013
    Gameplay Trailer

And we also posted this gameplay walkthrough trailer today, to show some uncut footage of the game and talk about some of the systems! The audio quality isn't amazing but the video is nice 1080p. Let us know what you think!

[/QUOTE]

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Love the trailer. Definitely buying it.

Suggestion for an update: get rid of the buttons and make it swipe controlled like Wayward Souls (I mean make it an option since some people like buttons)