Call of Duty: World at War: ZOMBIES Feedback?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JD_2020, Feb 25, 2010.

1. JD_2020

JD_2020 Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey guys,

I'm JD, Treyarch's community manager on CoD:WaW: ZOMBIES for the iPhone and iPod Touch. I noticed this very extensive thread on here and in it had some great input and discussion, but I wanted to let you know that I'm here in case you have some specific questions or feedback you'd like the team to hear.

We also have our official boards for the game located right here, so please stop by if you're a real Zombies fan.

One of the best ways to reach me is on my Twitter account, @JD_2020 - so feel free to follow me and send me an @ reply whenever. If it's a topic I can respond about, I will =).

If you haven't checked out what CoD Zombies is like on the iPhone or iTouch yet, check out our micro-site below for screenshots, info, and a link to it in the App Store. We recently released our first DLC map, called "Verruckt", where the action continues with all-new features like electro-shock defense systems, Perk-a-Cola machines, and more!

More info: http://www.callofduty.com/supplies/codwawzombies_mp1

I'm glad to see the iPhone and iPod Touch community enjoys CoD:WaW Zombies as much as we do, and can't wait to see where the future takes us!

Regards,
    -JD

2. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    I have one suggestion, an online ranking system, that tracks people's playing, so that people who only play half of a round play with people of the same type, and people who want to play til they lose play with that type... That is the most aggravating part of the game for me... Also be careful, you will probably get flamed for your release date mishap.

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #3 MICHAELSD, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
    CoD: World at War Zombies is a polished title for sure. I've got to say that the controls for aiming seem a little off, since no matter how much I tried changing it in the options, it's nowhere as smooth and natural to control aiming in WaW Zombies as it is in any of GameLoft's first person shooters. While WaW Zombies is a top-grossing game, $15 is steep for two maps. $2.99 for each map seems much more in line with what we should be paying.

The full WaW ported to the iPhone (as was hinted at before by Treyarch) for around $20-$30 would be great, even if it's just for the newer iPhone and iPod Touch. A current generation console-quality game with a higher price and quality than previous iPhone games would really set a new standard and will probably lead to more games of that quality being released; better games at premium DS/PSP pricing.

4. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Fix the sensitivity of the swipe to control. These controls are implemented very well on the game Eliminate, should check it out to get an idea of how it controls. Even Nova has a better swipe to control.

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Ok, I really, really like this game. It's one of the best iPhone games I've played, but I have one BIG issue.

The connection is not compatible no matter what I do. I've followed every tip in the app, I opened the suggested ports, put it in DMZ, turned on UPnP, restarted the app and router, and nothing. My connection is incompatible. I try this at other places with Wifi and it works. I bought my router separately, and it's a Belkin N150. Anything? Or else can you see if you can suggest an update addressing this?

Thanks.

6. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Same problem...tho i never tried it at any other place. But i had no problem connecting before the update/new map.

7. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Honestly guys, I know he's asking for suggestions but stop barking orders at him :rolleyes:.

Firstly, you guys did a wonderful job on this and really upped the standards of iPhone gaming. Secondly, I agree, some sort of online ranking system would be greeted with open arms. Other than that, other than the price (which a bunch of people nag about, yes it IS slightly higher than other games but totally worth it) I see nothing else to nag about in this game.

I must say, I'm actually kind of surprised you're here, not many big-name devs have the time, or, well, really even care to talk with their consumers.

Congrats and I hope we can see much more in the future.

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I have to agree about controls here. I bought this game quite a while ago but never managed to play it for more than 10 minutes. The controls were too uncomfortable for me. But the same controls worked great for others so cant say there's something wrong with them. But then I've also played Eiminate, NOVA, Modern Combat on iPhone and never had any problem with those games.

Just wish you could add more control options here. I seriously doubt I'll pick it up again before more control options are included.

9. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Welcome to TA!

Welcome to TA JD_2020. I do follow you on the other sites. One of my personal favorite games on both iTouch as well as other consoles. I did have a couple of questions:

- Will the Dev(s) be implementing some sort of buddy list in an upcoming update so we can see when our friends are on, invite them easier, compare profiles, etc...

- I'm a fan of the duel stick setup but would like to know if on the default one you can add an option as tap to shoot (like ELIMINATE Pro) because I would prefer that most likely as well as a way to turn off the auto-scroll so my crosshairs can stop right where I need them too and feel a little more responsive while I move the view side on the default.

- Will the Dev(s) ever implement a way of communication(i.e. pre-defaulted commands you can use that give both character and/or text on screen so players can be on the same page a little easier)?

- Other maps :D Will they be coming out sooner than the last update if/when they come out?

Thanks for an awesome game. ;)

10. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I see nothing but suggestions.

11. JD_2020

JD_2020 Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

To answer some of your questions and concerns:

We're aware of the various incompatibilities with certain router models. By and large, opening your NAT, and DMZ configurations solve the problem for most users. As always with scale, a certain percentage still experience problems. I would encourage you to reach out to Activision Customer Support (on Twitter: @ATVI_Amber, @ATVI_Bernard, @ATVI_Randolph) who can better service your tech support needs than I.

Honing in on the fidelity of our control schemes is a constant balancing act. Since control preference is so subjective, finding the default schemes that suits the greatest majority (often times a silent majority) is our priority. Giving greater customization is important for the hardcore iPhone gamers though, which is something the team is aware of and is striving to provide. Your feedback in this regard is very valuable.

We do have online stats tracking and leaderboards - you can find links in the Extras menu of the app, as well as on CoDWaW.com. (just thought I'd plug that since I forgot to in my original post haha).

I can't really go into specifics of what we will be working on next for the iPhone, but all of these ideas are great suggestions that will make it directly to the team. Friend lists / buddy lists / see who's online are clearly great suggestions =).

Regards,
    -JD

12. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

What happened to the toilet easter egg in Verruckt?

13. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    I personally had no problems with the controls. I liked the 180 degree turn swipe quite a bit.

As for suggestions, mine are generic: more maps, more reasonable prices for DLC, and more guns

14. jimmy7302029

jimmy7302029 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    florida
    jd i have a question

We had to wait a long time for verruckt to come out and by the looks of it i want to know will u guys make the other 2 zombie maps for it because i see no more activity going on in the web and chats about the shi no numa map which is 20 times bigger than verruckt .

15. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I figured I might as well throw this out there: The full version of Call of Duty 7 released on the newer iPhone/iPod Touch devices alongside the console versions this year would be a spectacular and top-selling release, especially if it's $40. I know I'd buy both the console and iPhone versions if the iPhone version was $40 or less.

A fantastic idea would be a way to transfer save files between the iPhone and console versions for the campaign. CoD multiplayer on the iPhone would of course be very popular. Make sure to keep aim assist as an option in the iPhone multiplayer modes.

16. oneShotRod

oneShotRod Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Hey JD - great to see someone from Activision here on Toucharade showing some support for COD Zombies. Perhaps the guys that have had sooo much vitriol on the main game thread find the time to come and pass on their 'thoughts' to you directly.

I had some questions -
    1.) what is the chance we might get to see some iphone only content? I love the game, but I have played all the maps on my xbox and whilst I LOVE being able to play on the go, i would really like to see something new and unexpected (well more unexpected than cod on my iphone..) come out to make the game unique on the device.
    2.) I loved the fact that the flamethrower is in the sniper cabinet in Nacht. Can we expect to see more liberties taken like that in the future - is kind of along the same lines as the previous point, but probably more realistic. I was a bit bummed when all the cool guns were only available from the mystery box in verrucht.
    3.) Speaking of the mystery box... any chance that you could make random less of a BITCH. There are soooo many guns that the chances of getting the one you want are really low and I seem to have the luck of roadkill when it comes to WANTING a specific gun.

So to sum up here,
    I would like you to make sure that the guns can be chosen using the power of my mind, and I would like totally new and unseen mega awesome content that would make der reiser look like nacht. Tomorrow.

If those can be in the next update (tomorrow), I would really appreciate it. In fact i might give the game a 5 star rating, but as it stands it is going to need to be a 1 * ;)

17. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    price lower? im sorry but i think i dont want to pay 10 dollar even for a console game quality which has one map. i would say around 5-7ish. dont get me wrong, i played the lite which shows the inner sense of the game. But the price might be a bit too steep. Some people actually buys the game for the name. I dont mean to offend but a sale once in a while is good. Also, feedback on the gameplay, I like the way u made the weapon buying system a new unique way. Also, unlocking other rooms is cool too

18. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    No.

I haven't played in a bit but are there buddy challeneges? Like you type in frineds name and it sends an invite to them? Perhaps add Push Notifications to aid in that even.

19. untraceable

untraceable Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    writer
    Miami, Florida
    hi JD,

You never drop the price in 3 months :/

why the panzerschreck and the grenade launcher is not available :/

Regards,

20. iExist

iExist Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I love the game but my only problem is the multiplayer issue. I don't understand why the multiplayer of the lite version of game works for me but the full (expensive) version does not. Did you dedicate some servers for the lite version? That's the only explenation I can think of with regards to why it works. If so will you dedicate some servers for the full game in the future? I also like the new map that was released. Please, however, provide an update for the multiplayer.