Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    @ eeenmachine - Has anything changed on how often it backups your game to the server? Any certain time of day?

I once heard it was something like every 4 hours or something...any plans to make a "Sync game to server" button within the menu?

2. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    The only change is one that makes sure the game is backed up and the leader board is updated even if you've set your clock way into the future. Still experimenting with the manual sync option.

3. Crosbie

Crosbie Active Member

Jun 26, 2011
    @toythatkills:

I'm well aware of the need to time the elevator on the way up when it's a long distance. Getting to floor 2 is trickier but doable.

Try to go just one floor down with that elevator though.

4. mewey

mewey Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I like the new update. Gonna take me ages to upgrade everything though, I've been spending bux too easily. Any chance we will be able to move bitizens between residential floors in the future?

Also, add me on gamecenter: mew44
    I'd love to see what everyone is naming their floors! I've got some fun ones (Harry Potter houses ftw!)

5. Godaime

Godaime Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Haha yeah, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I'm on a 4th gen itouch 32 gig with 7 gigs free. but I'm currently at the gold elevator, and at 115 floors.

Like someone said in a previous post, I do think the sales went down, I used to hit around 800/900 per min with all floors stocked with the 3 coin item, but now its only at 410~
    Not sure if this is mere speculation, but it feels as if the rate at which you get towerbux for fully stocking a floor has decreased.

the new elevator seems TRONesque
    i might try saving up for it, but its so much ><

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    With the most recent update, the restocking noise has changed - it's a sort of whooshing noise now, I'm sure it was different before the update. Is this intentional? It's quite an irritating noise.

I love the new costumes, the back button on the dress up screen is a great improvement too!

7. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    guys what does the upgrade for each of the stores do? Maybe that's why sales numbers are down...

8. Crosbie

Crosbie Active Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Added, mewey. Some fave shop names:

[​IMG]

9. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Nvm figured it out lol

10. Ethanp

Ethanp Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Kind of annoying that sales rates have been cut in half. Is this a bug or intentional?

11. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    Wow that was quick

@eeenmachine
    Already submitted a bug fix for the few things I encountered today. That's impressive. I love it when a great app has great developers behind it!

12. chrisf82

chrisf82 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    4th year med student
    Tulsa
    @Ethanp

They submitted a fix for it already. Check a page or two back. It's 1.3.1. Fixes a couple bugs in 1.3.

13. Doffie

Doffie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Retired, now concentrating on good works and good
    Storrs, CT
    Yep, they live in one place, even if you change their jobs.

14. Captain Bob

Captain Bob Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Pardon my impatience, but how long does it normally take? I wanted to grind away at this game today, but have been reluctant to because I have to chose between bux and coins.

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That "whoosh" noise when you stock an item on a floor - is that new or have I been blocking it out?

16. toythatkills

toythatkills Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Thames Ditton, UK
    There's no whoosh in the old version, but tbh I'm not sure what I'm listening for. When you stock an item there's just the bell sound effect from a cash register.

17. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I do the same thing. I feel like my father and his hunt and peck method while typing. Oh well, I am the master of my tower, they like me there. And I am like 83 floors too!

I have not seen any difference to be honest. I do a find the bitizen and by the time I am done I might have another one waiting! Or lots for stocked floors (more than normal for me since I finally caught up with residents), so not sure if I am just lucky, you are unlucky or this really changed since I see no difference!

Not to mention 2 bux per dream job now - I don't have any job openings at the moment but that will be nice too.

18. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Oh sorry I might have not been clear - when you START the stocking process - not when you actually fulfill it.

19. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    It's a new thing.

20. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    It may have just been a unlucky few hours? Anyway dev, I have got so many hours of enjoyment from this app that I went ahead and bought 100 bux for £2.99 to reward you for your time and hard work. I hope others have done the same :) I am now 10 bux away from 499 :D