Universal Crazy Taxi - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kablermo

Kablermo Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    What's the actual difference between Original and Arcade mode?

2. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    #142 fenderbendr, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Did you try logging out of game enter before starting the game up? Someone said earlier in this thread that it helps with the crashing issue.

3. murph

murph Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    NYC
    Excited about this, but will wait for the sale...

4. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Charming.

5. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I played a Crazy Box level, turned on airplane mode, rebooted my iPad, and now it works on my iPad 1! I think/hope the bit of slowdown I had on the 3GS was also probably because of a kind of slow network. Really loving it. This is the kind of game that you can suck at and still feel good about playing.

6. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    #146 raskinny, Oct 12, 2012
    I did same thing. Got it to work on airplane mode only. I don't know what reboot is. I just put it on airplane mode turned iPad off than on. And kept it on airplane mode and whole game works. I just wish I didnt have to turn airplane mode on every time I play the game. Any suggestions welcome. LOVE the game.

7. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Does it work on your iPad with airplane mode off ?

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    No. The crashes for me seem to be a combination of low memory and network issues. I just tried again, rebooted (hold home+power button until Apple logo appears) and started the game with wifi on, but I got a crash again. I then didn't want to reboot again, so I cleared my memory with an app called "process killer" and turned on airplane mode, and the game worked fine. I think signing out of Game Center might also work, but for me it's much easier to just turn on airplane mode, so that's what I did.

9. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Ok thanks. I just hope they update the app so we dont have to play it always with airplane mode on.

10. #150 Hoggy110, Oct 12, 2012
    I might try this with airplane mode on, and logging out of Game Centre, see if that works

Edit: Well I tried doing that - can anyone guess what happened?

11. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    I just dont understand why it work without wifi but cant work with it on. Sooo confused

12. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I defanatly won't be buying it until they fix the issue.

13. At least you can actually play the game....ANGRY LETTER DIRECTED TO SEGA TIME!!!

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Are there really two maps in this version. I've done the three main Crazy Box routes and I've unlocked "another day", which makes you begin on a different random place in the map every time you begin a new game, but the city is the same. Do you unlock it by playing the S-1 to S-S levels? Or maybe it isn't in this version at all. Loving the game so far. Fond memories when I played it on my good old GBA :)

15. GamerGrrl

GamerGrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    I'm LOVING this game (everything except for the glitchiness)...... reminds me a lot of The Simpson's Road Rage!

16. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Alright, I think I figured out how to limit cut in this version.

1. Release D.
    2. After about a half second, tap R very briefly.
    3. After another half second, double tap and hold D.

17. Krorg

Krorg New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Yes. Arcade and Original are two different maps.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    True, thanks for pointing that out. I think in the GBA they made a mix of the two maps, because I only remember one map in that version, but I seem to remember places from both maps. The camp site and the stadium, for example, were in the GBA in the same map.

19. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Just got hold of this game.. Having only played the GBA version before, how do I perform the drifts? The bottom left button with tilt controls doesn't seem to work. Also, there was that boost thing in the GBA version which caused flames to come out through the exhaust and travel faster too, any idea how to perform this?

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I play with touch controls. I achieve drift by pressing twice on the same direction and holding the second time. The turbo boost is achieved by double-clicking the accelerate (D) button after you're at maximum speed. It allows to go from 140km/h to 200km/h approx. It doesn't cause flames to come out though.