Bastion or stealth inc?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Based Xatu, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I can't decide which one, and I would like to know others opinions. Stealth inc seems like a no brainer, because I love puzzlers.

Bastion's combat is what's throwing me off. I've seen some videos, but I don't know if it gets more complex and if it's worth it.

Thoughts?

2. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Bastion iz not a game
    Itz a way of life

Samuel L. Jackson "say Bastion again! I dare ya!!

Craig's Daddy "Bastion is da bombdiggity... Put some Bastion on my burrito babyyyyyyy"

3. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I don't know about Stealth inc but Bastion is a unique experience that's hard to come by. And combat has variety with different weapons and weapon upgrades your style changes completely.

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #4 JCho133, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Make sure to play Bastion with headphones if you get it.

I suggest Bastion, then get Stealth Inc on a platform with buttons (unless you have an MFi controller). Well, actually, either way I suggest bastion.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I surprise myself by saying this (since I usually propone iOS versions of any other platform, and am one of the first to say that any genre can be done well on small touch screens, with clever enough UI work), but...

Get Bastion, but get it for the PC/Mac. (It is on sale on Steam for 9 euro right now, but can often be gotten MUCH cheaper, through Humble Bundles and other bulk sales.)

Partially because Bastion, over most other games in existence, is built around the idea of immersion and atmosphere. And even I cannot deny that immersion is easier to come by on a bigger screen.

But also because Supergiant Games dropped the ball in this otherwise brilliant port, and removed manual aiming for ranged weapons (strangely so, since manual aiming could have been done so extremely well with a dual stick in place of the melee buttons). For me, this dumbs down the combat mechanics enough that I still will not play through the game on my iPhone, even though I never have the opportunity to sit down and play it on the PC, and really, really want to finish it.

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I have a 5s. Bastion is better to play on this small screen? I would get both of them on steam, but I don't like having to sit down and boot up my old computer to play a game.

7. Reydn

Reydn Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Bastion.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I had no problem playing it on my iPhone

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles