Universal Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by italodance, Aug 3, 2014.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #1 italodance, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    [​IMG]

Monster Hunter Explore is a mix of hunting RPG action with exploration, and takes place on Markja Island that is filled with all kinds of ancient monster history and treasures. Hunters gathered on this island to find treasures hidden in the ruins of the island.

Like always, the Guild Sweetheart will be present to support Hunters on their exploration and hunts by providing quests. She might be a little careless at times, but she knows quite a lot about ruins and monsters. More than anything, she loves her job of helping hard-working Hunters.

The Senior Hunter is a passionate high-class Hunter. He’s known for his skills, but lately, he has begun to see a limit to how much he can accomplish on his own, and has been looking for a new partner.

[​IMG]

Markja Island is home to various terrains that are waiting to be explored by the new Hunters. The further you go, the more undiscovered lands you’ll discover, which also features some monsters that even the locals have yet to see.

[​IMG]

Similar to Monster Hunter Smart, Monster Hunter Explore is a free-to-play mobile game with micro-transactions, and will launch on Android and iOS sometime in 2015.

Via:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31/monster-hunter-explore-focuses-adventures-new-island/#O0eVChdPmZT10ED6.99

Official Website:

http://www.mh-xr.jp

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Meh... MHFU is still the definitive MH title.

If this turns out really good, then i'll be very happy. Not too excited for this or Smart since they're both freemium.

3. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    You lost me at f2p, thanks.

Maybe next time.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
  5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I rather have a localized MHP3rd.

6. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Thiiiiiiiiiiisssssss!!!

7. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    After this I'm waiting for street fighter

8. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well, this is a let down

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Yesss!!!!!

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #10 VaroFN, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Someone pointed me in the Capcom Unity forums that this is in fact Monster Hunter Smart, which was announced last year. If you go to Monster Hunter Smart's site, it will redirect you to the Monster Hunter Explore's site.

It's based on MHP3rd (you can see the bear and Zinogre in that trailer, apart from other monsters that debuted in the third generation), so I guess that we'll have to wait for some time to see a MHP3rd port.

11. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Interesting...

12. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    That'd be awesome.

But being a huge fan of Freedom Unite, I have to say I've been playing this a lot and it's actually a lot of fun. It is a lot easier and more segmented, and a hell of a lot more streamlined, but it's a lot more approachable and still a better-quality iOS game. Even though I can't read a damn word of it. But it's nice to have even a taste of MH on my phone, even if it's more of a hack 'n' slash. I still have a blast playing some the surprisingly brutal online monsters with my also-MHFU-fans buddies.

P.S. I haven't purchased any iAP and don't see a need to, as they can really only be used for revives (which hardcore fans won't ever need), increasing amount of quest rewards (Which only gives you a very slight leg up in upgrading your armor and weapons), and letting the game auto-play missions for you (And the AI is only competent enough for this to be used to grind out two-minute or less matches for materials to upgrade with)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wait... it's out in jp?

14. szu75

szu75 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Freelance
    Arizona
    I'm currently playing the JP version and I can say it's as close as MH can get on a smartphone.
    The controls are very very well done, especially when the other versions require every single button plus a "C" hand.
    Of course it got simplified by a lot for 1 hand play, but whenever you try to dodge or do micro positioning adjustments with attacks,
    you feel in control of what you are doing.
    As for IAP, yes, it doesn't have a stamina system at all, but all I can say is the higher HR you go, the desire to use gems to revive or open chest grow exponentially...

15. dudewelcome

Oct 16, 2013
    Yeah, it actually has been for quite a while, I had no idea up until about a week and a half ago but have been playing it almost nonstop since

16. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Oh, no stamina system? This is a yay then! \o/

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Tried it, but it's more a hack'n'slay experience than a Monster Hunter experience. This hasn't he true feeling, so I am quite disappointed. They better fix MHFU.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I spent $14.99 on Monster hunter not even a year ago and they've pulled it and said they aren't fixing it. I won't bother with anything else from them. They have lost me. I don't see why anyone would support them going forward.

Billy

19. dudewelcome

Oct 16, 2013
    Because I love Monster Hunter more than I hate Capcom

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ha!
    I'll love Capcom again once Dino Crisis 4 happens.
    They aren't even updating MHFU. Great.