Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It's okay, I'm just going to stop posting here. They can continue if they really want. But I won't be listening.

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    It was one sarcastic remark, and my post wasn't based on him, it was based on the bug, I just threw in a little joke, no harm was meant and I'm unsure why he is reacting the way he is. (May be its the time of the month)

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, enough bickering back and forth. Any further posts on this matter will be deleted. Seil's right...

4. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Seil, does the Seediary have the effects of items, or only the combinations to get them? Because I always get people asking me what things do, so if it doesn't, perhaps a second sign would explain what effects certain items have?

5. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    No, partially due to space restraints. But I've been thinking about adding another section somewhere that lists the available item mods or something, dunno.

6. Mewoko

Mewoko Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Heyo! I've been adding to it a bit whenever anyone asks. It's an idea that has been attempted before but not as well executed as in your current server.

7. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #247 visionwebs, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, seen a few people go though it today and added one or two doors so it seems to be working as intended.

You must be 'the' Mewoko then! ... meeting really good TA people in the game :)
    Yeah, seen a few differences in the map which is nice to walk by!

Good to have help with a project like this.

Acually next time i'm on that section 'work in progress' i'll be changing to 'BANKING STORAGE' because the concept and design is finished now... and AMAZINGLY people are already trusting the bank with securing rares. It goes to show how people appreciate getting more storage space. I have learnt a lot since being ninja'd and other things and believe this is the PERFECT way to avoid griefers.

Should have enough time to get another shoutout done on PORTALS today too, if all goes well. :D

Thanks for the compliments too, I see things in this game that can be improved with new player-based concepts or revisions of old concepts and invent ways to improve on them, just can't help it !

8. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I saw people looking for jobs in Growtopia today. Made me chuckle.

9. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Tier 12 has been added to the SEEDIARY.

Tier 13 may be awhile since I need Chandelier seeds. Chandeliers take like a week to grow and since they haven't been known for too long, they're not abundant.

But if anyone has any seeds they don't mind donating, or can donate some Fertilizer so I can get mine grown faster, that would be awesome.

10. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    How do you know tier 13 exists?

11. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    That's something I was wondering as well.

12. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #252 Seil, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Because Tier 12 is the tier that contains fairy items etc.

Tier 13 contains Pirate Hat and Eyepatch which need Cannon(Tier 12) to be made. It also includes Hoop Earrings which require a Golden Halo(Tier 12) to be made.

I don't know if the three known items are all that are in tier 13, but I do know that it exists.

Edit: Of course, even if I didn't know anything existed in Tier 13, the potential for it exists due to tier 12 including multiple splice-able seeds. Cannon, Golden Halo, Mystery Block and Chandelier are all seeds that have the potential to combine with others.

Because of this, I would have to test them like every other combo regardless.

And if Tier 13 should happen to contain an unknown block that has splicing potential, I'll have to try it too in hopes of Tier 14. Though from what I've seen, that is doubtful at the moment.

13. Tannorexic

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    #253 Tannorexic, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Are you unbanned yet? I've heard a few people asking about you on gt I think.. You seem to be a pretty respected member of the community.
    Hope you've been unbanned, sorry for saying stuff earlier without knowing the full details. I understand now you were just trying to help, not being a nuisance. .

Oh true. You're right.. Why would they bring out chandelier if there was no purpose. There has to be a purpose.. I've seen so many "updating items" updates when I start up growtopia so they have to be somewhere..I'm going to go ahead and assume they're tier 13 items. I've started planting a bunch of fireplace trees to make chandelier trees.. I planted one a while ago and it's nearly ready for harvest.. But Klimt my luck it won't bare any seeds so ill have to wait for new chandelier trees to grow sadly.. They take so long.. Wish there was an item that you could only use once and it fully grows 1 tree. I'd pay.. 500 gems for that on special occasions.

14. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    @Tannorexic

Make sure when you grow those trees that you wait at least a minute to punch it! Sometimes that helps to make sure something is produced; I learned this the hard way!

On another note, I doubt Seth has unbanned, he's pretty stubborn. Oh well.

15. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    There are a number of items that don't currently splice with anything. The Chandelier's purpose is to be what it is. If it doesn't currently splice with anything, it may in the future. But think about it, if every item released could splice with something, there would be infinite items haha.

Also, "updating items" doesn't always mean actual items - or at least I'm assuming it doesn't. I'm pretty sure it just means files in general.

10 new items have been added in the past 2 days, the first batch of 5 were mostly low-mid level items. Still looking for recipes for the brand new Kitchen items though.

16. repapermunky

Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah, updating items could mean a great number of things. For example, the lasers now shooting out of the Cyclops goggles.

17. Cropod

Cropod New Member

Nov 20, 2012
    S.C.H.O.O.L
    Minecraft
    Just about 10-15 minutes ago, I was scammed of my Jetpack and my Pickaxe! One of the scammers was "iTiGG". The other I can't remember. But please, if the dev of Growtopia would please ban iTiGG and give me back a jetpack and a pickaxe I would be more than happy.

18. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Meh, scams are legitimised. :(
    Try to find a tight group of regular players and trade with them its the only way.

19. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    We don't ban for scamming, it isn't even against the rules. Players participating in drop trading have to accept the risk of doing so. This game is built heavily on choice, so stealing and scamming is not disallowed. If something isn't locked up, it is fair game. And a scam, at the end of the day, is just lying. Banning for lying would be crazy, haha.

When a scammer is caught red handed(seen by a mod/admin) they can, and often are, punished in some way, though.

People are aware that scamming happens and the best advice to be given is just be cautious and only trade with people you trust.

A trading system will likely be implemented in the future, but it probably won't be for at least a few weeks at the earliest.

20. Jordanrracer

Jordanrracer Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Currently -Nothing-
    New York
    Honestly I'd suggest not making a trading feature! Scamming is a way for players to keep on playing. It makes people smart.

I remember I used to scam people on Habbo Hotel, and boy did it prepare me for the real world.

Scamming is an important aspect to MMO's as it provides fun, excitement, loot, and you get to meet friends in the game to interact with to help you.

It also gives people a choice weither their mates are really trustworthy or not.

Trust me on this. :)