iPad Awesome Boots [early testers welcomed]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by VictorRayDev, May 20, 2014.

1. VictorRayDev

VictorRayDev Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Motion Designer, Game Develloper
    Montréal
    AH!!!! thanks Bronxta those suggestions are so nice.
    I'm working on some sketches to show how the skills system will work. I'll post them soon, stay tuned!:cool:

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Omg this game is just chaotic fun! It's so much fun yet so simple, every time I die I just want to jump right back into the madness. I don't usually like playing games on my phone but this was definitely worth it

Thanks for letting me try it out

3. I like the name of this game. It makes me chuckle. Awesome dude!

4. VictorRayDev

Mar 26, 2014
    Montréal
    Okay sorry for the delay I finally had the time to work on Awesome Boots. Had a crazy week at my day job.

Here is how I intend to make the skills system work.
    When you level up you will had a choice of three skills.
    I'm still not sure if you are going to be able to stack up those skills because it could break the game difficulty. I will have to test it and balance the heck out of it.
    [​IMG]

Thanks guys for your amazing comments and help you really pushing me forward and give me the energy to work even harder on Awesome Boots.:cool:

5. VictorRayDev

Mar 26, 2014
    Montréal
    Okay time for a little update. :cool:
    The past weeks I worked really hard putting all the comments, tips and suggestion to work, I think the game is now at a level of polish I couldn't have done without you guys. I want to sincerely thank you.

I'm now at a point where I want to polish every single little things to be just perfect and feel great.

I will do a little hands on trailer soon and a real trailer after.

here are the final 6 skills that made the cut.
    -clone (think multiball in a pinball machine with more butt kicking)
    -bulletproofvest (A classic 1 more life)
    -shuriken (everytime you jump you shoot a shuriken to the ground.)
    -mine (everytime you touch the floor you drop a mine) My personnal favorite the animation I made for this one is RAD.
    -hack (hack homing missile so they target the most near foe)
    -heavyboot (kick bullet back to the ground)

I finally decided that the game will be free, but without any free to play bs
    There will be unobtrusive ads every time you die, obviously you can pay a reasonable amount to get rid of them forever. There will be the option to buy diskettes and money too but you can get them just by playing (not grinding). It is really important to me to respect the player and not "vampirerizing" them. >_> lookin' at you 90% of free to play company.

Thanks again guys, this community is awesome.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Really liking the monetization route you're taking, I'll gladly pay just to remove the banners at the menus :)