iPhone Or iPad Gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BeachBallGames, Nov 2, 2012.

?

Do you prefer to game on an iPad or an iPhone?

1. iPhone

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. iPad

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    #1 BeachBallGames, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
    I am thinking of creating a new game, and selling it on the appstore. However I really don't know device I should develop for? So which do you prefer, gaming on the iPad or on the iPhone. Use the poll above to vote.

Note: If you can't decide, just answer with the device you use more for gaming.

2. VRPgames

VRPgames Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Ireland
    Make it universal:)

3. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    Gotta Start Somewhere

I am thinking that, but for programming I have to start somewhere.

4. WeGotPixels

WeGotPixels Active Member

That really depends on what type of game you want to develop. Some games work best on the iPad, and some are more suited for the iPhone.

But make it universal if you can...

5. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    But if you had choose only ONE device, which one would you choose?

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It totally depends on what kind of game it is.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    iPhone because it's so difficult to get our iPad away from our daughter! ;)

8. Ipad retina is where its at...

Never play my iphone anymore, never. Sad and neglected.

Love my ipad!

9. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    Ok then, how about this. Which do you spend more time on when gaming? iPad or iPhone? Use the poll above to vote

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Definitely iPad now that I've got one, but there are far, far more people that have an iPhone or iPod Touch but no iPad.

11. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I agree, it matters what kind of game. If it's a game that relies mostly on tilt controls then the iPhone/iPod. If it relies on touch controls then the iPad.

12. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for your help. The game I'm thinking about is mostly gonna use touch controls.

13. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Any game that makes you use both thumbs at the same time I would prefer to play on the iphone because it's easier to hold. Otherwise, I would use my ipad.

14. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Tilt games I definately play on my iPhone and also games that need both thumbs at the same time.
    Any other games I pretty much play on my iPad. Most of my time is spent on the iPad though.

15. True, there aren't a whole lot of people that have ipads still.

A better poll would be only open to people that have both, and have them vote. That would be interesting, cause then ipad would win in a landslide.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Even though poll says otherwise, having gamed on small vs larger screen there's no real contest if you're being honest about it.

17. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I've always had an iPad but always upgraded when a new one would come along. I have had an iPhone too or iPod touch but my love is my iPad for any gaming

18. BeachBallGames

Sep 12, 2012
    Thanks for your help, just trying to get data for my new game. Any data helps.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Theres not 'many' ipad only games, so you have to make it universal.

I personally prefer playing on my ipod, yep the screens far better on my ipad but its not as portable, its great having a quick game here and there on my ipod.

If its ipad only you're limiting your market, ipod only means many more users but 'most' people go for universal

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Once I got an iPad I could never stand serious gaming on my iPod again. The screen, the framerate, the graphics, the battery life, everything is just better. Of course, it isn't portable either and it's cheaper, so it really does come down to preference. Like a lot of things in life :)