Do you neglect your console or gaming PC because of iPhone games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by njedi, Sep 19, 2009.

1. njedi

njedi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Last PC game I played to any extent was Left4Dead... it took a long while of iPhone ownership to get into the habit of buying games through the App Store, but now I am hooked, and the value for money is generally very good.

With the iPhone I can play in short bursts then do something else. PC gaming requires more investment of time, plus it can only be enjoyed in one place, whereas my phone is always with me.

Also, I'm burnt out by the long narratives in games such as Fallout 3, between all the trekking from A to B and waiting for conversation trees to expire the gameplay is typically less concentrated than in the iPhone games, which waste no time in delivering the action.

2. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Only game I play on the wii anymore is Guitar Hero... Everything else I play is on my iDevice.

3. E_Domina

E_Domina Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Hell yeah i do. I barely have time to play my ps3

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Nope. I buy about 3 games a month for PS3. I also get in about 10 hours of Rock Band a week on average :)

5. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    cool?

I really don't know what to say to that!

I mostly play Guitar hero, for when friends are round, and RPGs, for when they aren't. So I don't really have anything to replace them with in the iPhone.

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I can honestly say that it has cut back on my gaming time... It's just so convienant and has so many good games. Plus it's the only thing I have on me at all times... Not like I can shove my PS2 in my pocket and play FFX on the road (WHY!!!) so when I need a quick dose of gaming, it's right there for me.

I do find myself playing my consoles alot, just not like I used to.

7. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
  8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's worth noting I actually don't spend that much time playing all the games I buy :p It's only Rock Band I can keep going back to time and time again.

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I don't find myself gaming at home all that often.

The last time I pulled a longer console gaming session must've been...on the 9th, in celebration of the Dreamcast US launch anniversary.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Lol my last super long gaming session was last winter. I played Metal Gear Solid 1 for an entire weekend and beat it. Then again, I was really sick that weekend, but I think I felt better after playing it. Lol.

11. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Nope, I use my iPod Touch when I need something quick...

I still use my DS for long trips and my PS3/Xbox 360 at home for the most part.

12. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Yea I had a 36@ and when I got my touch and I played like half as much then the 360 broke (you suck microsoft!!!!!) and play my touch 24/7 even when in scool and everything in highschool but I do plan on gettin a ps3 soon so then I'll start up again on playing console game

13. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    No, I'm limited by work just as I was pre-device. The fact it is portable makes no difference because it can't stop time when I'm working or travelling.