Mac App Store reviews closing in on 30 days now!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Not sure why but it looks like Apple isn't too interested in the Mac App Store anymore? When anything you submit from new apps to updates takes close 30 days to get reviewed developers are hooped.

http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com/mac-annual-trend-graph.html

We are actually baffled that Apple would allow this to happen. It makes the store and controlling our apps unmanageable especially when the apps use live feeds that change occasionally.

Pretty much a disaster.

2. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Maybe the Mac AppStore just isn't doing as well so they shifted their focus?

3. Zenout

Zenout Well-Known Member

That's very long indeed. I was planning on porting to MAS but it won't be priority at all if that's the case... I don't expect the organisers of MAS to feel the same, how strange.

4. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    This could be due to Mountain Lyon and Apple's improved security. Apple claims signed apps are free of malware and apparantly they want to back up that claim.

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Sandboxing and getting apps to work smoothly on Mountain Lion have definetly added to the complexity of the Mac App Store.

At this rate we have 2 weeks left to submit apps for them to make it for the x mas deadline. Pretty scary!

6. Zenout

Zenout Well-Known Member

Well I could port that soon but I'm not done still lol...

7. bladko

bladko Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
  8. Syndicated Puzzles

Update

We had two apps with small issues resubmitted and approved the next day. Things might be improving.

9. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

This stops me from thinking of a business on Mac App Store, 30 days sounds really scary to me. :(

10. Zenout

Zenout Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be put off, just move your MAS plans to next year!

11. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    We've had a mixed experience with the Mac App Store. Of 4 simultaneous app updates, 3 were approved in about a week or two. The last took an extra two weeks for unknown reasons.

Also, lots of Lite downloads, but few purchases even when we are on the first page of Simulations or RPG.

12. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

It makes me think that Apple is putting a lower priority on Mac OS App Review process, maybe they think that MAS is not profitable for them or else, still confusing a lot, but yes, I will definitely try it at least one.

Antony