Apps you want to see on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by blakespot, May 25, 2008.

1. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    The launch of "iPhone 2.0" and the iTunes App Store will take place in late June. On that day, purchasing a game for the iPhone can be done quickly, easily, and from just about anywhere.

A variety of applications of many sorts will be available for download from the iTunes App Store on launch day and plenty more are on the way.

Which apps are you hoping will show up on the iPhone? Which killer app would turn your iPhone or iPod touch into your notion of the ultimate mobile device?

bp

2. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    as far as the apps go i would really like to see some good business apps not for me.... :rolleyes: but for all those enterprise people but one app which i would like to buy is where i can send any data or music or anything from my iPhone to my MacBook where i don't have to connect my iPhone again and again with the cable.

3. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    How about a very high quality telnet / SSH client for doing emergency, on-the-go server maintenance? I'd buy it.

blakespot

4. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    i would have to agree with u... i would also spend money on apps like these..

5. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well IBM was talking about porting mobile version of Lotus Notes in January ;p but i don't know that they may change mind after march 6.

6. jatt_american

jatt_american Member

May 26, 2008
    i was thinking of someone should have a app where we can edit all the documents of Microsoft Word in our iPhone ... that will be cool too...

7. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Microsoft said they were evaluating the iPhone SDK. So hopefully... but even if MS doesn't do it, Im sure there will be some sort of wordprocessor for the iPhone.

I need/want a good IM client. Hopefully AOL will deliver. Or Apple will do it.

arn

8. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Who knows what M$ will do ;p There made Office for Mac OS X so who knows ;>

9. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I'm sure we will see MS Office for the iPhone.

10. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    MS makes Office for the Mac. Why not the iPhone? Just more revenue for M$. People will want EXCEL and Word editors so why not the "real" thing. Its coming my friend. The ground feels a little cold! :)

11. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well theres one problem ;p situation with smartfone software market is different then in desktop computer market, where MS is crashing lider. Look that RIM and Apple are the llders, all other usually runs Windows Mobile or Palm OS they all quite down, so making software for leading platforms might be equal to suicide ;p

12. zelmo

zelmo New Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Edgewood, MD USA
    I would lovelovelove a version of Delicious Library that allows me to add items to a "WTB list" by using the camera to scan the barcode. Even if that isn't possible, having my library show the covers/ratings would be more useful than the bland list dump that I have on my iPod now.

13. Night_101

Night_101 New Member

Jun 14, 2008
    I'd like to see (unless i missed it on the ipod touch) is an app that can search for keywords of all your songs just like iTunes.

14. dbldare

dbldare New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    I'd like to see a GOOD lock screen notification app. Something that tells me my to-do list and appointments for the day or week, without having to unlock the screen and go to my calendar app. I know it's more like a M$ phone, but that was and would be a helpful app for me.

btw, is there a way to set a notification alarm for my calendar to-do's as "on" by default. Instead of having to set it to "1 hour or 30mins" before every time I make an appointment?

dbldare

15. jackbenimble4

jackbenimble4 New Member

I just really really want a heavy duty dictionary app. When I'm reading and come upon an unfamiliar word, I want to be able to pull out my iPhone and find the meaning without having a wi-fi or edge connection. Also, I'd love it if the app would record searched words. Letting me create smart lists like "Words in the past week" or "Words in the past month," and then quizzing me on them with multiple choice answers would be amazing.

16. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Impossible via iPhone SDK ;p

17. Shadowriver

May 25, 2008
    Poland, Wrocław
    Well it was matter of time... Hudson Soft entered board with 3 games, Bomberman Touch (duh?), Aqua Forest (Most interesting) and Sudoku (rotflmao!) ^^

http://touch.hudson.co.jp/pc/en/app/

How about a news about it? ^^

PS. Sry for doble post... i wanted to highlight ;]

18. bookabisco

bookabisco New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Bittorrent app
    IMDB app
    RPG games
    Any good FPS game

we win.

19. Auzburner

Auzburner New Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I REALLY REALLY want a video capturing App! I've been waiting for this and want my iPhone to have that functionality. This small App can really add to the iPhone, and some cool functions like night vision mode, a digital zoom 2X-4X possibly, but something that's simple and works really nicely so that you could possibly sync with iMovie similar to syncing pictures with iPhoto. Fingers Crossed.

20. Ultimateguitarist

Ultimateguitarist New Member

Jul 15, 2008
    #20 Ultimateguitarist, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    talkin of microsoft. I could really do with an IM app that works with msn or hotmail accounts. Like an MSN messenger but for iphone/pod.
    I'm sure loads of other people would use that kind of thing.
    Or is that not possible for some reason. Because I've noticed that "mail" doesn't support msn/hotmail accounts either. Am I missing something?