Fugu Maze screenshots and ideas

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by technicat, Mar 16, 2010.

1. I started getting some suggestions on additions to my Fugu Maze app in a promo thread, and a couple of TA members suggested a thread here in Game Discussions to solicit more input.

I think the history of this app is kind of interesting, and there are a lot of points that could be discussed and debated, but I don't want to kill a thread before it starts with a long-winded exposition, so I'll just start things off with a sample screenshot showing a maze customized with the photo picker (a feature added in the latest update), and invite anyone to post their own screenshots and suggestions for the app. As an incentive, I'll give a promo code for the recent release of HyperBowl to anyone posting a screenshot, as long as they last.

Attached Files:

2. therhino

therhino Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    I will offer some solutions later, is there a way to take screenshots in-game or do I need to use a camera?

3. Press the Home (front bottom) and Power (top left) buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot - it will show up in your Photos (under Saved). That works any time, in any app or outside. Then you can sync the Photo to iPhoto (my iPhoto crashes, so I email my screenshots to myself).

Also, probably not obvious to everyone, pressing Power will pause any app.

4. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Great thanks :)

5. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Ok here's my screen :)

Attached Files:

• 003.PNG
      003.PNG
      File size:
      69 KB
      Views:
  6. Nice! Quick tip - if you have it in iPhoto, you can rotate it counter-clockwise before uploading it. Since mine are emailed to myself and saved in the Documents folder, I found I could double-click on them and rotate them in the Preview application.

I'll PM you your promo code in just a bit.

7. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    Yeah I've got a bunch of editing programs like Paint.Net, but I didn't even check it to see it was vertical. Anyway I really like FuguMaze, I wish it were slightly brighter though, not a ton, just slightly so it's still dark, but I sometimes can't see at all where I'm going which is frustrating.

Still a great 5 star time waster app :)

8. That's a good point - I spent a few updates iterating, first it was too bright, then too dark, then just right, but then I added random wall textures, so probably the lighting isn't right for each one. I guess I should add an appropriate ambient light value for each texture, or perhaps material values (the wall material has a texture, which is randomly selected each time, and a reflectance and emitter values, so conceivably some of the textures could glow - that would be freaky!)

9. therhino

Jan 27, 2010
    Georgia
    That would be awesome, just sometimes it isn't fun, but normally it's great app, just don't ruin it by turning it into a game, keep it simple and fun.