Ention Wars - Pokemon meets defense strategy

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by dennno, Sep 6, 2013.

1. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    #1 dennno, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

Ention Wars is a multiplayer defense strategy game. You train and raise creatures called Entions and fight players worldwide by destroying their base. All entions have unique skills with different uses in battle, allowing for countless strategic combinations for both attacking and defending. Build your base and formulate a defense strategy by choosing which entions you want to defend. You have absolute control of your team for both attack and defense!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features to Expect:
    * Battle players online from all over the world in real-time attacks!
    * Lots of Entions to choose from, each with their own skill sets!
    * Defend your base with your entions by choosing which one is most suited to your strategy
    * Build and upgrade your base into a base worthy of a champion trainer.
    * All resources can be collected from resource buildings and stolen from enemy players!
    * Rise to the top of the ranks by defeating other players and become an Ention Champion!
    * Form a guild with friends and become the most renowed guild in the world!
    * Beautifully crafted hand drawn visuals and fully animated attacks in vibrant retina display

Release Date: Tomorrow! (November 28th!)

[​IMG]

You can also check out more info on

www.entionwars.com

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Oh my god, it's awesome! Can not wait until October. :(

3. wolfie9090

wolfie9090 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Screw that freemium garbage shit

4. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Defending Gameplay

Thanks for the feedback! A few more 14 hour days should do it :D

Here's a little more info on how defending works. First, you have full control over which ention you want to defend a station.

[​IMG]

Secondly, each ention has four different skills that they use depending on whether they are attacking or defending. I'll use our loyal ention Garchoal to help showcase this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly meet the entions that I've introduced so far!

[​IMG]

5. wolfie9090

Jul 19, 2013
    And I probably have to pay 8.99 for a ention or gold or gems..... Pfft #### this shit

6. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    #6 dennno, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Resource Gameplay

There are no 'gems' or premium resources in this game. You can play it completely free :). All resources that you need to train and boost your entions can be obtained from buildings without paying a single dollar. You can steal them from other players as well. All entions are also unlocked with in game challenges not real money. Every player will have access to the same entions, the only differentiating factor is picking the right team. So Bill Gates won't be the #1 player even if he spent his entire bank account.

You can't steal resources people pay for (this is programmatically determined in game), but you can steal all resource types from buildings they haven't collected from and in their storages. So with a few successful raids you can continue playing without paying a single dollar, as long as you beat them of course.

Give it a chance and after trying it I hope it will change your mind. Sorry I couldn't please you with this game but in the future hopefully I'll come up with something else that you'll like. :).

While we're on the topic of resources, here are the key parts of your base that need protecting!
    [​IMG]

Each resource serves a different purpose:
    Gold: Your primary resource that will be used to buy stuff. The Showgrounds is where entions put on a show for visitors! There will be mini-games available in the future for a chance to earn more gold!
    Energy: Entions need energy to battle! So this is used to train entions.
    Energizer: A crystallised form of energy. It's made of pure, dense energy and has enough power to control time itself!

Core Gameplay:
    * all resources can be collected from the buildings above​
    * all resources can be stolen from players​
    * additional resources are given to players for reaching special battle achievements weekly (more info on this later)​

7. wolfie9090

Jul 19, 2013
    Oh okay sounds great

8. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    First I like to say, I like your art :)

To me this sounds very interesting, please explain, online multiplayer how it would work?

You got my interest.

9. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    #9 dennno, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    Tactical Team A

Awesome thanks! :) You can search for players to attack based on your level. I'm thinking about the possibilities of adding additional and more unique gameplay like king of the hill, capture the flag etc. But that all depends on whether it's feasible.

Tactical Team A

Here's a bit more info about tactics and strategy for Ention Wars. To help showcase a bit of that I'll show you guys Tactical Team A: Bossear, Thamus and Chabe!

[​IMG]

Bossear: Ground based ention that will target defense stations first.
    Thamus: Ground based ention that will target resource buildings first.
    Chabe: Support type ention that will provoke a defense station to attack it.

[​IMG]

So by using these three you can provoke defense stations with Chabe, watch Bossear destroy those defense stations while Thamus safely steals all the enemy's resources. :)

More updates coming soon!

10. lepke

lepke Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Japan
    #10 lepke, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    And owner of base can then intervene and? Anyway please do update, like I said I'm interested.

11. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Sorry I wasn't very clear. The owner can't intervene during attacks. They have to setup defenses to protect the Guild base against enemy attacks before the enemy attacks.

12. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    It's time for the next two entions to be revealed!

Meet Psypuff and Garuda!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Walls don't stand a chance against Psypuff, it explodes and destroys nearby walls. Still having trouble with walls? But if you still have troubles with walls don't worry, Garuda will fly over them and head straight for defense stations!

Here they are in action!

[​IMG]

13. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I love this graphics!! Nice animations and monsters!!
    I definitly will try this out baby!!!

Hope it will come out in septembre

14. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    This game will be released on October. And I don't think that I can wait until that time. Love the graphic too much.

15. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    So sorry for the lack of updates and the delayed release. The app is finished and has been submitted! The final release date will be confirmed soon!

I'll be updating daily now starting with a new ention!

Meet Aeridain, a blessed ention capable of healing. I thought this time around instead of showing a screenshot I'll post a short simple video of Aeridain in action.

As always keep an eye out on this thread for exclusive updates!

16. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Okay here's where we you can go further with your strategy.

[​IMG]

Summons are a unique ention types that can be unleashed anywhere in the map! They can bypass defenses and have varying skill sets that add an additional level of depth to your strategy. Below are two new entions that are summon types in action.

[​IMG]

First is Beluga capable of unleashing a line of powerful geysers, dealing immense damage in a single line.

[​IMG]

Second is Jellio, capable of stretching to a giant dome that will absorb any damage taken by other ention units inside it!

17. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Lookin for this..any release date ?

18. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Looks fun, keep up the great work :)

19. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback Mike!

Hey MasterWill, I submitted the app a few days ago, so if everything goes well it should be on the AppStore sometime next week.

Here's more info about the next set of entions!
    [​IMG]

Chomper: Can instantly destroy any building in one chomp! He walks very slowly though so you have to place him properly.

Jestime: Is a powerful aerial ention that's quite fast. He uses long-ranged dark beams and has increased power against aerial entions. He has low HP though.

Pyrogon: A powerful dragon that can attack multiple targets. He has high power, defense and hp, but is difficult to train.

And here's another video of them in action

20. dennno

dennno Active Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Just posted the trailer and final screenshots and app has been submitted, finally! Time for a small break :D