Vector Tanks update

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Peter Hirschberg, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Peter Hirschberg

Peter Hirschberg Active Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Hello!

This is also posted to my Vector Tanks blog, for those not aware of it:
    http://vectortanksblog.blogspot.com/

Just a quick note to let everyone know the status of Vector Tanks. I've had a lot of personal challenges over the past few months that have kept me from devoting much time to Vector Tanks, but I have been (slowly and painfully) adding new features. I currently have 2 different types of enemy tanks in the game now - the new tank has a functional rotating turret and can drive over the playfield obstacles, crushing them. Additionally multiple tanks attack at the same time now.

Here's an image of the new (turreted) tank design, called the "Heavy Sixer".

[​IMG]

I've also been adding and tweaking the program here and there in various ways. Work has begun on a global leaderboard system that includes chatrooms, but I'm not sure that's going to make the next release.

I'm hoping to be able to wrap up this version soon and get it submitted to the App Store. I realize it's been a long time since the last update and I am sorry.

-Peter

2. gootch12

gootch12 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    New Orleans, USA
    No worries, Peter!

You delivered a great game at release. Updates are gravy.

But, I AM sorta lookin forward to those helicopters you mentioned around launch. I hope they still make it in eventually.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Awesome! VT is one of my favorite pick up and play games. Nice to see it's still growing.

And gootch, did you really have to quote that entire post to get your point across? :rolleyes:

4. Peter Hirschberg

Peter Hirschberg Active Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Yup - I can't wait to add the helicopters myself. I want them to circle you and rapidfire, so I had to build a "damage" system into the game. For instance, the new turreted tank fires very rapidly but a single hit from it is not lethal. The helicopters will try to fire on you constantly but will only cause a relatively survivable amount of damage. I promise the helicopters are going to be the very next thing I work on.

Speaking of the damage system, I hope this doesn't turn some people off. I know there's a certain "feel" to the game knowing every hit is lethal and the upcoming version will alter that slightly. That said, the old style tanks still fire slowly but are still single-shot lethal, so hopefully people won't be too put off.

-Peter

5. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I love the game, and to solve that could you possible give an option to turn health on and off, and when off you lose the turret tanks? Just an idea.

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I really like it and can't wait. Bring it on, Peter :)