Universal Pizza Vs. Skeletons - (by Riverman Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 15, 2012.

1. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone here FU. Regardless of what you put out, the crudeness and terribly unprofessional response is totally inappropriate.

Don't like the game, say you don't like it, but to call it stupid is just rude and does no good. You may have cost yourself many a sale of your product because of this. As the Internet kids say, SMH.

And Midian, I love your comment, excellent! ;)

2. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Tilt.....

....Great game but I really do hate the tilt controls. Stick on some slider thing and add iCade (like Jungool) and it'll be a proper beauty.
    Good luck with everything.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Played through the first world (10 levels), and I'm loving it. Can someone say GOTW? This is definitely mine out of this great release week of platformers. The diversity of the levels is great. Really like the music and art direction. The boss fight had to be my favorite part so far though. 100 levels so far and more coming soon. The shop adds to the absolutely ridiculous premise. I just don't understand how this 25 foot pizza guy keeps his face straight as his rolls around, lmao. Although the difficulty level in the game is pretty low, it's just great fun. Best of luck on sales guys.

4. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Tried the lite version....loved the game, hated the tilt controls.....deleted it!
    It's a shame that it doesnt have an option for some sort of virtual joystick to move the pizza... Is it really that hard to implement this?
    I think the game would sell A LOT more when players have a control option to chose from!
    Don't get me wrong, the game is very beautiful and i would buy it in a hartbeat but: I JUST HATE tilt controls...please don't shoot me :D

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I've been a supporter of Riverman Media ever since I nabbed a promo code for DeathFall a long, long time ago and then picked up IKAROS and it's absolutely shocking how far you've come since then. P vs. S is just such an incredible experience that was crazy enough to work and man did you guys hit it out of the ballpark! Wow...talk about impressive. You guys are a force to be reckoned with on the App Store.

6. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm actually loving the tilt controls. I'm a huge fan a traditional platformers and virtual buttons, but damn does it feel right in this game.

I literally played the first and half part of the levels laying down with absolutely no problem. I mean even balancing on top of the skull was a piece of cake.

I'm really loving the art style. It's not as surreal as I thought it would be, but it definitely portrays a dream like state.

Was this absolute or veristic? I'm assuming veristic!?

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Agreed, the controls are perfect. The game was designed from the ground up for the iOS, and the tilt controls are part of that experience.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, I'm with back2this and Goofy...the controls are flawless.

9. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    I' d like to say nice work riverman media. I am enjoying the game very much. I like the variety of the levels and unlocking stuff of course. What I'd like to see is the ability to preview what your buying. Also as many toppings as you like would be sweet. Great game though looking forward to any update released for it.

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #110 Gabrien, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    @Developer:

There have been quite a number of games released in the app store where developers championed their vision of tilt controls. Almost without fail, each one caved in and added touch controls sooner or later. None of them have been as well implemented, or as appropriate, as yours, but it would really seem almost impossible for a developer to release a game of this type and not add touch controls eventually. Some guy released a platformer a little while ago where you weren't able to go left (yeah, I know,) and yet he was allowed to keep it that way (and I presume still able to go out in public.) Tilt controls for a side-scroller though? Nuh-uh.

Now honestly, one side of me would like to see you keep the game as is and stick to your vision. I'm not so blinkered though, that I can't also see another side that asks "what's wrong with giving people the option?" And I suppose that's a question for you to answer. If you do manage to keep the game as is though, by far the greatest victory shall be in silencing that little voice inside my head that upon hearing yet another dev proclaim how their tilt controls will save the day, spits out: "yeah, right."

For what it's worth, I can't imagine adequately playing your game any other way.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Gabrien, wrong place to do so, but I never got a notification that you private messaged me a few days back and I just saw it. I'll definitely get around to picking it up.

Back on topic: The tilt controls...normally I'd take touch over tilt any day of the week, but with P vs. S they're implemented so well and the calibration is so spot-on that you really don't look like a ****ing idiot when you play the game. The slightest movement will make you move..you're honestly not tilting your device 90 degrees to play at ANY point in the game. Also, come on...how boring would the balancing levels turn out if there were touch controls in here?

12. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    The trailer won me over right away... the graphics are absolutely gorgeous and the gameplay looks like fun! I just bought the full version and am looking forward to play it soon. Hell, the pizza icon alone is worth the purchase! Priceless!^^

13. dylanmannen

dylanmannen Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    sweden
    #113 dylanmannen, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    thx developers for making this awesome game xD i love it! I usually hate tilt controlls, but in PvS i whouldn't play it anny other way :D

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    BRILLIANT game. Seriously, 5 stars all the way.
    It's perfect to the details, and original, and crazy!
    Tested the lite, bought the full 3 levels later :)
    Congrats, awesome release.

15. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    #115 nesio718, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    diving in because the hype.....off to the lite version.

edit: after the initial "practicing to roll and jump" stages....this game becomes a beast of diversity. going to get the full and i highly recommend.

16. PaPaFuNk

PaPaFuNk Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Love the artwork and charm of the game. Hate the tilt control. I agree with others there should be control options. Tilt controls have always felt too gimmicky to me. I hope the game does well as I like to see different games instead of the same stuff copied all the time.

17. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    How do u get the retro accesories?!?!

18. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I'm hoping I'm just missing something here but... is there no way to turn off audio in the game?
    Got it last night and like it so far but couldn't find a way to turn the audio off and it was playing over a podcast I was listening to.

19. Luca89

Luca89 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    the game has support in icloud? would be a shame not to have it ...

20. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Nope, no iCloud support to speak of, unfortunately.