Bacon - New Line-Drawing Puzzle game coming December 5th!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Raph3Arts, Sep 23, 2013.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm pumped!

2. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Yay! I was able to steal the bacon number FRFJ76AW43H7! So pumped! :D

3. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

Glad you could pick a code! I hope you are liking the game! :)

4. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I absolutely love it! it is a really hard game though... i kept getting angry at the easy levels... i suck. Its still fun though! :D

5. Raph3Arts

Nice! Would you like to get easier levels in the next update? :) we're open to any comments!

6. Raph3Arts

Don't forget that Bacon is coming this Thursday, December 5th! We're gonna be online a lot on Wednesday and Thursday so if you have any question once released please feel free to ask them in the new thread that will be created for the occasion!

You can also like our facebook page at this link : http://www.facebook.com/baconios

We will post a lot of informations on this page so this is the best place for you to gather the latest info about the gamr, and we'll try to be as active as possible here too!

Have a good day! :)

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I love to see developers active and answering questions, I've recommended this to my friends and family so hopefully they will it up, good luck for the launch.

8. Raph3Arts

Thank you! :) As a gamer myself, I really like it when developpers care about their players, and offer great supports while discussing different way to make a better game, and that's exactly the experience I want to offer to you all! I just hate it when devs ignore their customers! ;)

9. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    This looks interesting. Just the other day I was wondering why we don't see any new line drawing games anymore, and now I see this. If you ever decide to make a broccoli or strawberry version I'm in :)

10. Raph3Arts

Surprising enough, it's totally in our plan to make a veggie version, probably we'll even include it in the next update which will be out in approx. two weeks ;)

11. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Ha, that's totally awesome :) I'm still not sure if I'd buy a game named Bacon, and even if I did I realize chances are I can't play it on my first gen iPad, but I'll keep an eye on it. It's good to see someone bringing new life into the genre.

12. Raph3Arts

Unfortunately, we didn't had the chance to test the game on a first gen iPad, but I'm pretty sure it will work, if at least you're on iOS 4.3 or more ;) But anyway, the game will be totally free to download, and fully playable without spending a single penny, so you'll be able to test it out for us! :)

We just finished creating out the sprites for the veggie version. Here's the carrot and the Gold Carrot, which will replace Bacon and Maple Bacon :

[​IMG][​IMG]

There's still some color correction to make on the Gold Carrot, but you now have a rough idea of what the veggie theme will look like ;) Hope you'll like it!

We'll probably send the update to Apple by friday!

13. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I will do that! Thanks for making it require iOS 4.3 and not go with iOS 6 by default.

What's the business model for your game? Could you elaborate a bit on the kinds of IAP there are in the game?

That looks very nice! Did you know maple carrots are way better than maple bacon? :)

14. Raph3Arts

#34 Raph3Arts, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    Absolutely! The game has currently around 10 IAPs divided as follow :

- 4 Maple Bacon packs, allowing you to skip levels if they are too hard or buy avatars and ink color!
    - 3 Powerups : those powerups will help you in your quest. There's the shield, which protects you from your first impact, the Magnet to get the Bacon if they are too far and the third eye which allow you to see the room a little longer and your last drawn path! Those powerups make the game easier, but if you use them they reduce your score, so no "Pay-To-Win" kind of leaderboard!
    - 1 Additional Pack : For 0,99$ you can get 26 new levels. We are currently working on more additional packs, free or paid!
    - Prenium Badge : For 2,99$ until December 12th (4,99$ after that), you get : 15 Maple Bacons, Gold Avatar and Ink, "Silver" Kitchen Tools, Unlock all powerups, Unlock all packs, and all additional packs for free, even the ones to come.

So as you can see, those are all non-compulsory IAPs, which means that you can play the game without spending a single penny ^^ Even for the Maple Bacon, we have a kitchen system which allow you to cook your own!

I didn't even know it existed! Thanks for the link, maybe we'll make Maple Carrots then! ;)

15. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    More codes please?