iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    This.

2. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I don't know. I think its a fine game. Although I play the online, I bought for the career and I'm pleased.

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    i think the quality and graphic of new update (version 1.01) is worse than the first version 1.0 on my 3gs? what about you guys?

4. helmania

helmania Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Honestly this game is slowly aggrivating me. The more I play it the more it seems like firemint only pay 90% of their attention to graphics and details. All else was only 10%.

The physics in the game make no sense at all, no matter at what angle you hit a railling, tire barricade, or wall; you always get bounced back to the same direction you came from. Logic tells us, if your car hits a wall from a 30 degree angle, you will most likely bounce back in the opposit 160 angle. It's just like playing pool to a degree, if you want to make a ball go left, you have to hit it from the right. Also the drift sensitivity is same for every car which also doesn't make any sense. A little light weight Golft should not be prone to drifting as easily as a heavy BMW 6 series. So there's no advantage in picking a slower car.

I don't even want to play online anymore. Nothing can keep up with these F1s. On top of that they can recover very fast from a drift or driving on grass and sand. I would love to use my little Golf to race similar cars, but I can't do that. All in all, the online portion of the game is truly not fun for me any more. One can only hope firemint will update it the right way. I personally think MClaren F1s should be in a class of their own. And how come I can't purchase one anyway? I don't even see it in my car market.

5. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    1. You mean 150 degrees.
    2. F1 is unlocked upon completing all championship series races.
    3. Yeah. Either divide online up into classes based on performance values, or give all cars the chance to be at least moderately equal. I'm not saying completely, since then it'd be like playing the same car with different graphics, but at least give each car a shot. Be it through engine swaps a la Forza, or just through modifications in general, maybe a GT upgrade for cars.

Make it known!

http://getsatisfaction.com/firemint/topics/customization_by_way_of_more_performance_parts_and_ability_to_tune_the_individual_aspects_of_a_car

6. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    To get the Pacemaker achievement is it enough to make the top 500 time once for every track? Or do you have to have it and hold on to it on all tracks in order to get the achievement (because there is always a chance that someone will kick you out of the top 500)

7. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Yeah... Am I the only one who is getting irritated at hitting walls and being flown backwards? Even though I'm not hitting it directly I turn around and face backwards 99% of the time?!?!? Is this what a car does in real life?!?!

8. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    You have to unlock it, Instead of whinging on about how you cant beat the F1s or get one. Why dont you go out and complete the game to get one. Or atleast go and research on how to get one.

9. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    HA!

On a side note, when can we expect an iPad version?

10. SicMX

SicMX Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    YAY got the Pacemaker achievement! Tried it first with the Lotus but couldn't get Top 500 times on some tracks, so i had to switch to the Corvette GT. That made it almost too easy though :)

Only a few achievements to go!

Ps. This game is seriously the best game i've ever played on my iPhone

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I really want this game, but complaints about online play and the price tag are really making it a difficult purchase. if you were to compare this game to a game of a similar price tag such as street fighter and gta, how would it rank? what about compared to nova 2 and aralon?

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    This game has a very high learning curve. If you're too casual of a gamer, or aren't persistant enough, you probably won't stick with it long enough to overcome said learning curve. Basically, there is no normal mode. There is an easy mode and then a hard mode and then an extreme mode. "Normal" mode is really hard mode. An actual normal mode does not exist. The game can still be played, granted, but you may have to overcome an initial period of extreme frustration.

If you can't figure it out, never go too fast into a turn. If you spin your wheels at all, the game will penalize you drastically for doing so. This penalty is ridculous and completely unrealistic. You may recover without going off the track and not even lose any speed, but it doesn't matter. You will lose 3-5 of track time any time you spin your wheels coming out of a turn. The penalty is automatic.

Just over-brake on turns and you'll be fine. You'll lose way more speed from braking cautiously then from spinning your wheels, but the game will penalize you much less for braking too much on turns and you will have a better finish to the race.

Realistically, it makes no sense. Seriously, it's just dumb. But if you accept the fact that this is the way in which the game operates, then you won't have too many problems. It's hard for me to get over how stupid it is though. The slower you go, the more successful you are.

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Firstly, this is sim game, so naturally, it will not be built for the typical gamer like an arcade racer. Secondly, it seems that you're comparing slow with reckless, not slow with fast. It is extremely easy to not have your wheels lock coming out of a turn. If you are not playing reckless and don't turn/accelerate until you are supposed to, then you will not suffer the consequences. If you are playing reckless and turn/accelerate too early, then of course you will be getting penalized. So, while I do agree that the learning curve of this game will be higher than normal, if you learn from your mistakes, the game will be a breeze in no time.

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I do think it's a little ridiculous that dirt has absolutely zero traction. can't control direction whatsoever once you're on it.

also whenever you get unlucky enough to flip all over the place when you hit a wall at too high a speed, and your car faces backwards, it turns in the opposite direction you expect it to when you tilt. you can see the wheels turned in one way and your car is turning in the opposite..

15. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    That's a good thing. It means that Firemint really wants realistic apps. Have you ever drivin a car in the dirt?? That's how it is dude.

16. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I haven't
    driven a car in dirt
    it just frustrates me
    but I shall deal with it

17. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    By far the most annoying thing about this game's reception is all the people insisting that it's "realistic." Anybody who's ever driven a fast car around a track will tell you it is nothing if not thrilling. Not the utter inexplicable snoozefest that is this game.

18. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    That really is how it's supposed to be.

The thing that bugs me is the response to wall collisions. Those will ruin you. (Obviously, when you hit a wall it's not supposed to help you, but the consequences of hitting the walls at some speeds/angles are just completely ridiculous.)

19. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    While we're complaining about hitting walls...WHY DOES THE CAR FLIP BACKWARDS? Even though you graze your side YOU WILL STILL FLIP BACKWARDS.

Can this be changed, PLEASE?!?!

20. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Shoosh you. That's perfectly realishtic... *hic* My car alwaysh doesh that. Eshpecially after I've had a few... *hic*