Universal Zombie Gunship - (by Limbic Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    To call this ambitious would be an understatement.

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#102 Der-Kleine, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
    Clouds wouldn't give the player a disadvantage. It's just like there's a tiny bit of mist going past the camera. you can still see through them.

3. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    I'm concerned about the 'mist' camouflaging the CIVILIANS!!! :mad: (my hate for them grows by the minute...) :cool:

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011

I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!
    You can start calling me a genius.. How about a mode where it's just civies running around. If they make it to the bunker it's game over. Bombs away baby! Except I thought I was playing this game every time I got mad =p

jk jk jk i kid!

5. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Lovin this app, well done devs :)

6. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Wow, seems this game is getting a great reception, already in the top charts! One tiny suggestion: although unrealistic, it'd be great if we had a sniper cannon mounted to take care of those pesky zombies harassing the civies. Also, how about calling airstrikes/placing turrets to lay down some ordinance on the field?

7. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    @Arash & Iman - So,will you guys go Universal? Or what?

8. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    Congrats, guys ... just saw this game on the main iTunes page in the big header graphic with the rotating games.

I have no idea what that's called or how games appear in it but there's only 3 or 4 rotating games so it must be quite the honor to appear there. Not sure why the game isn't in the Hot or New and Noteworthy categories but it definitely deserves to be in there, too!

9. K-Dog

K-Dog Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Excellent Game! Addictive!

Great game, one of my favourite of the year so far.

Want to throw in some requests / ideas of my own, on top of the great ideas so far in this forum (some which I've repeated below, sorry!) :

- New terrains.
    - New zombie types.
    - Achievements.
    - Rethink of 3 strikes for civ kills.
    - Like the idea of different ammo for the main 3 weapons (i.e. incendiary) and happy to keep the 3 main weapons - add further levels of upgrades.
    - Napalm and other things to be called in as support (upgradeable of course!) for a set time, screen could freeze or slowdown for a second so you have to quickly lay down directions / area of effect.
    - So airstrikes could be napalm, carpet bombs, drops of mines etc
    - Support tanks could run over some zombies then deliver a few cannon shots at the end.
    - Support apache chopper could shoot rockets.
    - Support jumpjet to strafe an area with minigun.
    - Support army unit to parachute in to plant mines/bombs and then defend the bunker.
    - Energy bar for the bunker, upgradeable. Maybe some gates or perimeter further out in the map to defend first.

Just loving this game at the moment, any sort of update or add-on would be welcomed. Well done to the Devs.

10. violatizzle

violatizzle Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Pretty much agree to all that.

I have about 400k coins and nothing else to upgrade! That needs to change..

11. deadpoet

deadpoet Member

Jul 25, 2011
    #111 deadpoet, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    iPad

Is anybody else playing this on iPad (pixel-doubled mode) and prefers it that way? It just feels much more natural and ergonomic.

One thing I ask for is more control schemes (gyroscope/accelerometer aiming), plus being able to set the sensitivity of the swiping. I find that I'm having to repeatedly swipe a lot just to shift the gun camera, and it's a bit tiring.

Also, perhaps you could rebalance the in-app purchase prices? Once you get to the higher levels, weapon/gear upgrades cost so much that in-app purchases are too expensive and don't make any sense.

Apart from that, awesome, awesome game, and I'm looking forward to future updates (esp. native iPad support) :)

12. zman2100

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    For those requesting that the bunker be given a health bar like it's a base in a tower defense game, it doesn't make sense. The premise is that civilians are running to the bunker to hideaway, meaning that it is open for entry. Once one zombie makes it in, the bunker is sealed, ending the game. It works perfect the way it is now and there is no reason to add a health bar to the bunker.

13. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I keep coming back to Zombie Gunship. The upgrade grind is very generous at the start, and not bad later if you upgrade your cash conversions.

Once the upgrades run out, the game's legs do tend to weaken if getting 7k+ kills to rank on game center isn't your thing.

Overall I'm very happy with the game, its visually spectacular, and the gameplay gives me the same devious smile as when I was a kid burning ants with a magnifying glass >:)

Lastly, if I may, here are some things I think might offer a little more dynamic gameplay

1) Zombies that explode when hit. These can be used for chain reactions, as well as create a new layer of difficulty when they're near humans.

2) Combo system that has a multiplier effect. Kill a zombie within 2 seconds of killing another zombie will increase your combo by 1. For every X combo points, the score multiplier is increased.

3) Sharpshooter bonuses. Kills that happen close to a human. Bonuses increase the closer you can get a kill to a human, with the most points being when you save a human from a zombie attacking them.

4) Upgrade: Collateral Damage. Raises the limit on human casualties before you're relieved from duty. At Max = casualties - 6, cost per casualty -50%.

14. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    But what happens AFTER the bunker is sealed? You just gonna rest easy knowing that there are massive hulking zombies pounding on the door? How will the civilians escape when the food and water runs out if there are still hordes of zombies outside? You're not thinking about the long term!

Thats where mode 2 would come in, separate leader boards, no civilians, just zombies, bunker has a life bar. Boom! A different sort of challenge :D

15. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I just purchased this game. This is the best .99 cent game on the app store. Simple and addictive. Just awesome!! I was noticing on the leaderboards in game center. Some players had 15 000 kills?? How the hell do you do that? Right now, to me that's impossible??:confused:

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Em yeah... I kill like ~600 zombies on average per round in like 5-8 minutes so that score seems very legit to me...

If you still think the score is fake, try adding some 'passion' into playing the game :D

17. juhkil

juhkil Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I think the co-op idea sounds amazing. I also love the sentry gun idea and ground troops/helicopters/humvee's, but the adding of the extra guns does seem to kill off the ac130 idea. I say keep the same guns and work on adding some different modes.

18. zman2100

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Once the bunker is sealed you set off a nuke. Problem solved :)

19. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Really enjoying this game.

Need ability to change button positions. As a right-hander, I find myself reaching across the screen to tap fire, which is awkward.

More terrains, achievements and overall stats.

Definitely no "meat cannon". Although if an animal very occasionally ran across the screen and was shot which attracted the hungry zombies, that would still feel realistic, providing they didn't appear all the time. Maybe a few grazing animals.

And could provide ground cover for small squads of ground troops, who run out of the bunker to help civilians or attack zombies. These squads could be purchased with coins. They could either come out when commanded, or at random.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    lol i dunno about that. 600 kills is not near 15,000 kills really.... lol I definitely think they cheated. There's plenty of leaderboard top scores that are hacked, I know for a fact. If it's jailbroken it's very possible someone just hacked the score.

Logically speaking, I think it'd be damn near impossible to pass 1-2,000 zombies. At the rate they spawn at 500-600, there'd be too many zombies coming out and you'd end up having to shoot civilians to save yourself. Even maxing out bunker bombs won't save you when the screen is just flooded with zombies! :eek: